Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

i got 2213 in today but the christmas prog and 427 are still missing

Colin YNWA

In the end only Mega Mania and one other thing I ordered failed to land - Have to say both Rebellion Support and the other folks have been excellent when its come to support. I wanted to be as patient as possible as it wasn't down to them. In the end though when we all agreed it wouldn't land there was absolutely no hesistation in sorting it out and their customer service practice of keeping the customer warm and informed was superb.

Thanks Rebellion.

Curse you Royal Mail!

scrotnig

I got 2213 yesterday so I am completely up to date.

Aside from about three weeks where the post went a bit awry, the prog and meg has been on time, there or thereabouts, for me all year.

Given the challenging circumstances, this is an incredible achievement by Rebellion and, I should add, is greatly appreciated.

IndigoPrime

As if to highlight the randomness of Royal Mail right now (likely exacerbated in some regions—including mine—due to COVID cases), deliveries here have of late ranged from early to on-time. This week, we've not yet had The Phoenix, The Beano or 2000 AD.

Colin YNWA

Yep just as things seem to be getting back on their feet The Phoenix, which came Thursday last week - hasn't shown up and is unlikely to before Monday now I'd guess.

I have little hope for the treat that was a Saturday Prog anytime soon if ever again.

Leigh S

Yeah, it was pretty patchy here in Brum pre-Christmas, but no show for 2213, so not going to pin much hope on 2214 today

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

prior to the pandemic i am one of those old primitives who enjoyed picking up the latest prog, in person, from my tiny little local newsagent, partly out of support for a thrill-supporting little shop, and partly for the nostalgia of going through the motions of the same excited weekly ritual that eleven year old me partook in - in the days when i would spend the week just desperate to know whether harry 20 would actually succeed in his bid for freedom ...

being on the government shielded list since last march, and not actually allowed out of my tiny flat for much of that time, rebellion's keeping postage free for the prog and the meg was a beautiful thing that allowed the locked away to continue to source the prog. it was usually late, but it always got here in the end. bravo.

now, ordered back into shielding again, and rightly, i am still dependent on my weekly trip to the online shop. last year, the free shipping usually encouraged me to pick up a couple of other items (and willingly pay for their shipping) too. this year, without warning, but coinciding directly with a return to fearful enforced houseboundness for crocked folk like myself, the rather pricey shipping for the prog and the meg has been reinstated. i have no choice - i am not allowed out. but this timing is pretty bad by tharg. and what it means for rebellion is that i won't be (i won't be able) to pick up any more of their excellent exclusives, sale items and extras any more. i am not alone. it isn't very clever. there should have been a warning.

so this year's quarantine 3.0 will definitely have a thrill drought. disappointed. rigelian blasts all round.

Southstreeter

2214 arrived today, first Saturday prog in months!

walrus

Online store is showing free postage on current issues 2213 and Meg 427 so perhaps it was a glitch when you looked. The banner for Free UK Postage on current issues is still on the front page too.

Colin YNWA

Actually take it back as we got post today and The Phoenix arrived. Oh me of little faith!

Batman's Superior Cousin

No sigh of either Progs or the Meg so far.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

No sign of 2213 still, though still a chance before it goes off sale - normal routine would be to go and buy it at the newsie across the road from work if it doesnt hit tomorrow, but I'm working from home, and local newsie are Grexnixes....

If it is free postage, I'll order a copy from the shop I suppose, but I don't like being without a prog - feels like bad luck!

Molch-R

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 09 January, 2021, 11:32:40 AM
so this year's quarantine 3.0 will definitely have a thrill drought. disappointed. rigelian blasts all round.

I was a bit concerned to see this so checked and can confirm nothing has changed - the current print Prog and Meg continue to be exempt from P&P (if ordered within the first week (and first month) after publication).

This applies when they're ordered by themselves, if ordered with other physical products there will be a shipping charge but the Progs won't be part of that consideration.

Hope that sets your mind at rest.

The Monarch

my prog drought is officially over not only did this weeks prog show but so did the end of year one and meg 427

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

thanks guys. that's a relief. and i apologise for my hyperbole. so it looks my being fleeced last week was a one off glitch. zrag gets into everything these end of days ...