Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I've maybe asked before but which Rogue Trooper stuff do we get. I already have the Rebellion reprints from a few years Future of War, Fort Neuro, To the ends of Nu-Earth, Eye of the traitor, Re-Gene and Realpolitik as well as the Cinnibar Extreme Edition.

Same question with ABC Warriors, I only ever read the original run up to Mars.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Steve Green

No idea but classic Rogue inc Cinnabar at a guess.

I could see them doing War Machine but not the rest of the friday run - all that the other stuff has got going for it is it's in colour.

Tor Cyan's probably more reprintable (not sure if stands alone from Mercy Heights) but it would let them finish off with the Remembrance Day story.

Jade Falcon

I did like the 'darker' Rogue stories in the Realpolitik book, it did seem a slightly more mature direction without the 'cosmic Hitman' nonsense that was done for a while.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

My guess would mostly be classic Rogue. My hope is a few bits of classic, the entirety of War Machine, Cinnebar, and some choice cuts of Rennie's run.

abelardsnazz

As far as ABC goes, there are 6 volumes, so I think that's enough to include all of it, up to and including Return to Ro-Busters.

Jade Falcon

Okay I read my Robo Hunter book yesterday, and found it an enjoyable piece of nonsense, in the nicest way. I did feel that Day of the Droids had some small pacing issues, but overall a wonderful piece of nostalgia.

Tomwe

QuoteABC Warriors: Volume 1
Issue 13
Released: 14/02/2018

Former war-droids created to fight the volgans, the atomic, bacterial and chemical chemical warfare-proof A.B.C. Warriors have been recruited to bring peace to the colony world of Mars. Led by Hammerstein, and comprising Mongrol, Deadlock, Blackblood, Joe Pineapples, Happy Shrapnel and 'The Mess', this band of battle-bots must tame the Red Planet, or die trying – spread the word!

My first double-dip is here, but with SMS having provided rescanned artwork for the Black Hole segments its not entirely crazy to be buying!

Jade Falcon

ABC Warriors next?  That's definitely one I'll be looking forward to.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 19 January, 2018, 09:37:11 AM
My first double-dip is here, but with SMS having provided rescanned artwork for the Black Hole segments its not entirely crazy to be buying!

Oh that sounds interesting, where did you hear about that and are there any further details?

Tomwe

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 January, 2018, 09:00:30 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 19 January, 2018, 09:37:11 AM

Oh that sounds interesting, where did you hear about that and are there any further details?
On this very thread. I then went digging and found some more details which I again posted.

here

Colin YNWA

Ha! That show my lazy ass not to be lazy. That's cool and makes this volume very tempting.

Arkady

How have I missed that there are multiple volumes of 'covers galleries' as part of the collection? Maybe I'm being blind, but I don't see them referred to even as part of the premium subscription. I want them!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUKwNNGW4AAVaiS.jpg:large

moly

Not seen the cover galleries anywhere the judge death figure looks like another good one

marko10174

Jesus, I've literally just seen a Nemesis figure from the premium subscription go for £102 on ebay. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in the post, can't wait to view it up close. Looks like these figures are going to be real collectors items. I'm really glad I subscribed to the premium now.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 23 January, 2018, 05:10:51 PM
How have I missed that there are multiple volumes of 'covers galleries' as part of the collection? Maybe I'm being blind, but I don't see them referred to even as part of the premium subscription. I want them!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUKwNNGW4AAVaiS.jpg:large
Where did that turn up? I knew about the last Subscriber gift, which is a sketchbook or something, but this really is something else!!?