Main Menu

Sisters of Death question

Started by Max Headroom, 27 June, 2021, 12:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I love how my brain works these days - I'd totally been thinking "don't forget to mention the three witches motif" and then by the time I'd typed up my post that thought had faded into the ether. AND the Return to Armageddon link - I'd pondered that as well, and decided not to mention it - so thanks for bringing it up - it means it's not just me!

Thanks for the other frame, Jimbo - that helps a lot.

What are you up to, Kek-W, you word wizard?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 27 June, 2021, 06:19:48 PM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 June, 2021, 04:53:30 PM
There was definitely a story, (a Judge Anderson, possibly?), that mentioned "the third sister" and she's called something like "Delirium" or something, but I think that was intended as more of a metaphor than an actual character.

Aha... You mean this bit in Necropolis:

That's not how you spell diarrhea.
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Three more Sisters of Death here - although these could simply be psychic creations of the original two.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 27 June, 2021, 02:55:49 PM
I don't know about a third Sister, but the Alan Grant story Lucid (Megs 238-241) added Dementia, Ephermera and Pustula to their ranks.

If a Cartel assassination squad had a gun to the temple of each of my immediate family members, demanding I recall one scintilla of the plot of Lucid or Half Life, I would simply close my eyes and cry.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 July, 2021, 09:31:30 PM
I don't know about a third Sister, but the Alan Grant story Lucid (Megs 238-241) added Dementia, Ephermera and Pustula to their ranks.

If a Cartel assassination squad had a gun to the temple of each of my immediate family members, demanding I recall one scintilla of the plot of Lucid or Half Life, I would simply close my eyes and cry.

This^ ... except that I was just reviewing old Anderson stories for my indexing project, and was entirely surprised to find that Half-Life has a whole Deadworld historical section where a certain "Fuego" has infiltrated the resistance (prior to him becoming something of a giveaway when he turns into a flaming skeleton).

Although all of that is happening in Anderson's head after she gets infected by Death's psychic claw. Lucid is the sequel, where the Sisters try to form another bridge from their dimension to ours, and the half-life virus from earlier starts to spread into the population of MC-1.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

oshii

Matt Smith's Deadworld novellas (which are really rather good) hint at a higher power that the sisters serve.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 July, 2021, 09:31:30 PM

It's good stuff - probably the last time I really cared about what happened in an Anderson story. When you read it in all together, in Psi Files 4 or the Hachette Half-life volume, you can appreciate just what a great sequence it is.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Plus it's all Arthur Ranson art, and it looks fabulous.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 05 July, 2021, 04:33:31 PM
Plus it's all Arthur Ranson art, and it looks fabulous.

S'right.
@jamesfeistdraws