Main Menu

Hello from the new guy

Started by Tombo, 28 March, 2011, 08:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Just thought I'd say hello, you all seem like a nice bunch.

What's to say about me.  Let's see, I started reading 2000AD back in '77, aged 6!!! (Prog 9 was my first I think, but I got all the back issues from a mate within a month), stopped reading during the late '80s after the chaos of moving house five times in two years (amongst other reasons) before picking back up with Prog 968 (two progs before The Pit started, good timing on my part I reckon).  Started reading the Megazine during Doomsday and haven't looked back.

I'm a big reader of manga (about 500 volumes, various titles) as well as assorted other sci-fi and fantasy books, and I reckon Studio Ghibli make the best anime in the world.

What else, I'm creeping towards 40 years old, I've worked in retail for the last 12 years (RIP Woolies, I miss you), and I've had my photo taken with Steve (Interesting) Davis when I was about twelve.

Oh and sorry about the puddle, I got a bit excited when I saw Cab. Inc. is coming back.

SmallBlueThing

Welcome! Pull up your feet and put your chair up.

SBT

Greg M.

Hello new guy. Welcome to the madness. Oh, and here's a mop. You know what to do.  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

exilewood

Hello there - we are a nice bunch, a nice bunch of xxxxx.

Welcome to the galaxy's greatest forum!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tombo

Thanks for the welcome  :)

xxxxx? is that some imported Australian beer I've never heard of before?

exilewood

I was going to say 'cunts', but I was being fucking polite.

But, yes - welcome!

Proudhuff

welcome, sounds like you'll fit right in...Cal Inc is back? wtf? why didn't someone tell me?
DDT did a job on me

Beeks

Welcome back into the warm bosom of thrillpower  ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Spaceghost

Yeah, I haven't heard of Cabs' return. Please elaborate.

Have you by any chance taken your user name from the character in Kiki's Delivery Service? Tombo means Dragonfly in case you didn't know.

Which manga are you into? I've pretty much stopped buying it now after realising that Naruto, One Piece and Bleach will NEVER EVER END and will keep reusing the same basic plot until the end of time.

I love Death Note, Battle Angel Alita, Eden - It's a Perfect World!, Dragonball and Nausicaa.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Colin YNWA

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Tombo

Quote from: Lee Bates on 30 March, 2011, 12:15:03 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard of Cabs' return. Please elaborate.

Have you by any chance taken your user name from the character in Kiki's Delivery Service? Tombo means Dragonfly in case you didn't know.

Which manga are you into? I've pretty much stopped buying it now after realising that Naruto, One Piece and Bleach will NEVER EVER END and will keep reusing the same basic plot until the end of time.

I love Death Note, Battle Angel Alita, Eden - It's a Perfect World!, Dragonball and Nausicaa.

Sort of, Tombo was my nickname at school over twenty eight years ago when people kept mispronouncing my surname.  I'd pretty much forgot about it until I saw Kiki and decided to make it my own again  :)  Nausicaa is pretty much the best manga ever written but I also like a really broad (some would say weird) mix including Death Note, XXX-holic, Fruits Basket (!?), Battle Royale, Black Lagoon, Yotsuba & !, and Fullmetal Alchemist.  I also love Neon Genesis Evangelion but despair at it ever getting finished.

Got to agree some other titles just seem to repeat the same story lines ad infinitum, I think I've got the first volume of One Piece somewhere but thats all, I refuse to touch Naruto with a ten foot day stick.

Emp