Main Menu

Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

A bit of info from the Starburst email...

QuoteIf you've seen Marvel's Netflix-exclusive DAREDEVIL, chances are you'll have absolutely adored it. The wonder of the 13-episode series is that it received massive praise from long-standing fans of the Guardian Devil, from casual comic book fans, and from those who previously had no idea who Matt Murdock was and presumed the show would be about Evil Knievel.

So in some welcome news, it's been confirmed that the show will be getting a second season. Not only that, Season 2 will debut in 2016. Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez will act as showrunners on the new season, with the two also serving as executive producers along with Drew Goddard and Jeph Loeb.

Steven S. DeKnight, showrunner for the first season, will not be returning, although said, "While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with DAREDEVIL into its second season, I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for once can't wait to see what they do with the show moving forward."

What is of interest is just when this second season will debut. At present, the shared universe A.K.A. JESSICA JONES is to premiere towards the end of this year, and then it was believed that LUKE CAGE would arrive in the first half of 2016, followed by IRON FIST in late 2016, with the foursome (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron First) then coming together for the 8-part THE DEFENDERS mini-series. Now that Season 2 of DAREDEVIL will supposedly arrive in 2016, it'll be interesting to see if any of these other shows are brought forward or if DD will simply have a second season whilst the other characters are still in their debut run.

In terms of casting for A.K.A. JESSICA JONES, Krysten Ritter is Jessica Jones, David Tennant is Kilgrave aka Purple Man, Rachael Taylor as Patsy Walker, Carrie-Anne Moss as Harper, and will also introduce Mike Colter as Luke Cage before he then goes off to his own series next year.

As for DAREDEVIL, the first season dropped a plethora of Easter eggs that could be developed in future seasons, and there were plenty of nods and teases of other Marvel heroes and villains

CrazyFoxMachine

Goaty

Ooh good casting;

Jon Bernthal is The Punisher in DareDevil Season 2!

Theblazeuk

Promising! Hope Punisher gets its own spin-off...

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

amines2058

That is great casting I think. I could have sworn that I read over the weekend that Jason Statham had also been cast as Bullseye for series 2?

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: amines2058 on 10 June, 2015, 07:07:39 AM
That is great casting I think. I could have sworn that I read over the weekend that Jason Statham had also been cast as Bullseye for series 2?

Just rumours, but it would be good casting too. Elektra is another that is seemingly being lined up to appear in the second series too.

In other news - 'AKA Jessica Jones' is now just 'Jessica Jones'
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

JamesC

Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2015, 10:15:52 PM
Ooh good casting;

I'm not familiar with this actor but I'm very pleased to hear that Frank is making an appearance. 

Link Prime

Quote from: JamesC on 10 June, 2015, 12:39:09 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2015, 10:15:52 PM
Ooh good casting;

I'm not familiar with this actor but I'm very pleased to hear that Frank is making an appearance.

He has the prerequisite 'air of sweaty menace'.

Goaty

Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra in Daredevil Season 2

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Ten out of ten to Goaty for finding a picture of the actress in her undies, less so for finding one where she looks the part.

FWIW, Bill Sienkiewicz has tweeted his approval...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 July, 2015, 08:59:16 AM
Ten out of ten to Goaty for finding a picture of the actress in her undies, less so for finding one where she looks the part.

The man knows his audience!
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty