Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth card game

Started by Third Estate Ned, 05 December, 2017, 09:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

Ah I did a google and saw a couple of vids from the boardgamegeeks webiste.

You only use the perp characters when doing a shoot out in the advanced mode.
I learnt a couple of other things from those vids too so was worth watching.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/240957/judge-dredd-cursed-earth

gurnard

I had another game last night, with the correct rules this time. Man it is tough to get anywhere. Before I knew it Anderson was dead from radiation and Dredd followed a turn after. Past that Giant did his best but did not survive another round on his own.

I am thinking that 3 rations is a bit slim for a team. Surely the Judges would have at least 2 rations each. And the radiation, what about their radiation capes.

I am thinking you could start with 6 rations and you have to have 2 more radiation than your health before you die due to the radiation cape :-)

What do you think is that too outrageous a change to the rules?  I don't think it will make the game crazy easy just a bit more chance.

sheridan

We accidentally played Cadet mode but with advanced perp mode - you can guess how that ended up!  Though I doubt we'd have survived even without the damage we took in the shootout.

sheridan

Quote from: gurnard on 19 March, 2019, 09:33:48 AM
What do you think is that too outrageous a change to the rules?  I don't think it will make the game crazy easy just a bit more chance.

If I've played five games without winning, then I'll start off with more health / rations...

Five more games and I'm going to start with an extra protagonist!

gurnard

Quote from: sheridan on 19 March, 2019, 11:57:18 AM

You could pretend Mean is having an episode and sides with the law. Or make your own card I guess. Perfect opportunity for an extension pack :-)

I must admit though, not being a gamer as such, I am really enjoying this game. Easy to setup and understand and quick. Added bonus I think is the option can play with yourself ( fnar fnar ).
All round great suff.

robert_ellis

There's a bonus promo card of Judge Hershey on the cover of TableTop Gaming this month. Great art by Dan Cornwell.

sheridan

Quote from: gurnard on 19 March, 2019, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 19 March, 2019, 11:57:18 AM

You could pretend Mean is having an episode and sides with the law. Or make your own card I guess. Perfect opportunity for an extension pack :-)

I managed to snag all the additional cards that have come out, so I've got a choice of one survival judge (Dredd), two (three?) diplomats and two psis.

gurnard

Quote from: sheridan on 20 March, 2019, 09:03:52 AM
I managed to snag all the additional cards that have come out, so I've got a choice of one survival judge (Dredd), two (three?) diplomats and two psis.

Oh where can you get these additional cards from?  I got the three bonus ones for ordering early. But the extra judges where can you get those?

sheridan

Quote from: gurnard on 20 March, 2019, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 20 March, 2019, 09:03:52 AM

Oh where can you get these additional cards from?  I got the three bonus ones for ordering early. But the extra judges where can you get those?

There's the ones on last month's Meg, plus one on Tabletop Gaming magazine (probably also last week's edition by now - though I saw loads of copies still in Orc's Nest when I was passing the other week).

Osprey Publishing - all the cards.

I say 'Judges', more like on the side of Justice Department.  When I played, I had the choice of Judge Dredd, Giant, Hershey and Anderson, Spikes and Tweak (though settled for the ones in the basic set for my first game - not had a chance at a second game yet, maybe try the solo version).

gurnard

@sheridan thanks for the details.  I can get the Meg 405 from the shop. Nice one thanks

Dr Feeley Good

Ordered a copy of this from Amazon that arrived today, it's got a tenner knocked off on there, so it's less than £15.00 now, looks very nice to. One question, did the promo cards of Tweak and Spike come with Megazine 405? I got it digital so I will have to pick up a physical copy to get them..  ;)

Link Prime

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 02 August, 2019, 06:03:41 PM
One question, did the promo cards of Tweak and Spike come with Megazine 405? I got it digital so I will have to pick up a physical copy to get them..  ;)

PM me your address and I'll post the Tweak card out to you on Monday Doc.

Dr Feeley Good

That's great Link, will do, I don't mind paying, at least let me pay the postage... Cheers

Dr Feeley Good

Cards arrived safely Rich, I say cards because you get both Tweak and Spike!! So that was great, thanks again, really appreciate it mate...  :D

sheridan

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 08 August, 2019, 05:43:00 PM
Cards arrived safely Rich, I say cards because you get both Tweak and Spike!! So that was great, thanks again, really appreciate it mate...  :D

I'm at the point in my prog slog where Tweak has signed half his planet to Spikes, and Spikes thinks he's going to get rich from it.  So very sad.