Main Menu

Six Panel Thrill Power!

Started by uncle fester, 12 February, 2010, 04:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

So here's the (borrowed and revised) idea. You take your favourite 2000AD story (preferably spread over more than one prog), and condense it into six panels. No more, no less. Feel free to present this in any way you see fit (That includes you, Pete Wells & Buttonman  :)). Artist/Writer/Letterer collaborations are encouraged. Duplications too (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of The Cursed Earth already). Sarcasm is practically compulsory...

And then you post it on this here purpose-made thread for all to gaze at and admire. Or slate, (Depending on whose favourite character you've just portrayed as an arse)

No real closing date, let's keep the fun rolling, (or until we use up all the stories over the last 30 odd years)

locustsofdeath!

I'm definitely in on this - if any artists want to team up, please let me know.

Brilliant idea, Fester.

Van Dom

Yes indeedy! Thinking cap - ON!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Kev Levell

I hope this turns into one of those all-time-great threads - it deserves to. The 6 panel movie thing was good but this is genius... if I have the time, I'm gonna have a go at this! Good work Uncle Fester!

Lady Festina

New plan for weekend:

- 1 x big stack of 2000AD materiel
- 1 x laptop computer open to text-processing-type-system
- Sufficient wine / beer / cider to induce excess creativity
- Takeaway menus and mobile phone for sustenance

Sounds like quality of life to me :-)

Mike Gloady

Ok.

I'm so fond of this idea.  If I have some time in the week, I'll get started on my first entry.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

Fester old man! You've done it again! GENIUS!

Can't wait to see what people come up with for this. Wonder what Monarch will do?

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

HdE

I'm up for a bit of inking and lettering if any of you guys would like to indulge!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've got an idea. Forty odd episodes reduced to one page.

Any artist types up for it? PM or post to let me know.
Lock up your spoons!

mygrimmbrother

Only if there's a prize - I want a Durham Red fetish wig please.

Emperor

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 12 February, 2010, 08:37:11 PM
Only if there's a prize - I want a Durham Red fetish wig please.

I have a spare...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Van Dom

Okay, I've got one. (That didn't take long!!)
Zenith, the whole saga, in 6 panels. I've got the basic idea of how I'm going to approach it but will probably take a few days to get it all down....anybody fancy having a crack at it with me?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

El Chivo

I'm game
Can't do Zenith tho VD that was during my Twoth AWOL phase

James