Main Menu

Six Panel Thrill Power!

Started by uncle fester, 12 February, 2010, 04:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Thanks a lot, TLS.  How am I supposed to explain my hysterical laughter to my innocent co-workers?  What am I supposed to say?  "There's this jeep, see, and..."

Dandontdare

oooh, it's frustrating being confined to web-viewing at work, as loads of images don't show up. I can only see Shetland's (tee hee!), but will be checking out the rest as soon as I can get hooked up at home again.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 February, 2010, 05:14:38 PM
Thanks a lot, TLS.  How am I supposed to explain my hysterical laughter to my innocent co-workers?

Mentalism?  :-X
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 February, 2010, 01:42:31 AM
Well, here we go fellas, the WHOLE of Nikolai Dante in six panels. SPOILER WARNING - we see his death so if you don't wanna know, don't look!

Apologies to Robbie Morison and Si Fraser for ruining their wonderful strip. Also to Jim Campbell for crimes against lettering and everyone else for crimes against Photoshop!

*jaw drops in wonder* Pete, you are truly a GOLDEN GOD!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Legendary Sharks was all about sex. Pete Wells has that buffount turd Nicholas Dante having sex.

There seems to be a connection but I can't quite see what it is...?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Emperor

I'm gong to have to rule myself out from this - I couldn't compete with Pete and the Shark (which should be a new buddy movie: "He's Pete... and he's a shark, separately they were outrageous, but no one could foresee what happened when their worlds collided!!!" Coming to cinemas near you Summer 2011).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

Is thist the thread where we post our movies in 6 panels (seeing as the contest that spawned that concept, and therefore THIS concept, is done with)?

I want to know where they go if you DIDN'T enter the compo but are just being silly.

Van Dom

I think the idea for this one is 2000ad stories reimagined in 6 panels.
I'm sure nobody will mind if you post a movie adaptation in the original movie thread, keeping them all there together. That thread is bound to be resurrected later anyway when the comp is over and we all want to show off our entries.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

uncle fester

Yeah the idea is to keep this thread for the 2000ad-related ones.

The movie related one was this
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27491.105/topicseen.html

...Although you could always start another movie-specific one?

Mike Gloady

I think we may as well dump all the movie ones there.  Ta.  Expect Wild's first art entry for the board shortly.

Pete Wells

Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the nice stuff said about my silly Dante strip, you're all too kind (except Gloady, dissing the hair!) Special thanks to Wild for calling me a golden god! I can only think of two of those, C-3P0 and Kyle Gass, I hope I'm the latter!

As for the others, Monarch did a sterling job condensing one of 2000AD's densest strips into two panels, some of the pro's should take heed! Shetland captured the garishness of Storming Heaven brilliantly, and even made it too short to boot! Oh, and once again, Sharky proved what a disgraceful man/aquatic mammal he is, he's a bloody danger to the community! "Jeep me, Baby!" is one of the funniest things I've read on this board.

More please!

The Enigmatic Dr X

My Zeinth seems too tame in comparison to these master-works.

"Jeep me"
Lock up your spoons!

The Legendary Shark

Thanks everyone, I'm humbled by your comments and proud to be amongst Golden Gods and such unbridled creativity.

I'm off to jeep myself in celebration...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady