Main Menu

Endlessly Re-watchable

Started by Funt Solo, 08 January, 2021, 03:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Roobarb.
The Magic Roundabout.
Road Runner and Coyote.

Almost everything by Laurel and Hardy.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

In terms of TV there's really only a few endlessly rewatchable series. I tend to watch THE THICK OF IT at least once a year, as I do the original PATLABOR OVA's.

pictsy

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 January, 2021, 11:46:19 AM
In terms of TV there's really only a few endlessly rewatchable series. I tend to watch THE THICK OF IT at least once a year, as I do the original PATLABOR OVA's.

I was watching the original Patlabor TV show end of last year.  Need to finish it.  Was going to move onto the OVA's afterwards.

I thought I was the only one who liked Patlabor.  The first movie is in my top ten favourite films list.

repoman

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 January, 2021, 11:46:19 AM

yep, I tend to watch The Thick of It now and again too. 

Smith

Did anyone mention OFAH by now?

radiator

My girlfriend has a set playlist of shows that she just watches on endless rotation as background noise. Once she's finished with one, she'll just move on to the next. The ones that immediately spring to mind are:

Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Arrested Development
The Sopranos
The Simpsons
Mad Men
Sex and the City
Friends
Only Fools and Horses
Girls
Freaks and Geeks
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Frasier

Honestly, can't say I mind too much as they are all pretty phenomenal shows in their respective genres (though I can take or leave the later episodes of Friends and Only Fools and Horses), and I'd prefer to rewatch pretty much any of them over anything running on traditional broadcast/network TV. Personally I don't think I'll ever not be in the mood for an episode or two of Mad Men or Sopranos.

radiator

In terms of endlessly rewatchable films, it would basically be the entire library of films I still own on physical media - almost entirely consisting of 80s action movies and 90s comedies:

The Terminator
T2
Point Break
Dumb and Dumber
Total Recall
The Dark Knight
Jurassic Park
Saving Private Ryan
Kingpin
Robocop
Goodfellas
Pretty much any Tarantino
The Wolf of Wall Street
Withnail and I
Aliens
The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders/Temple/Crusade
Starship Troopers
Uncle Buck
Paddington 1&2
Fury Road
Fargo
Leon
Predator
Akira
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Big
Clueless
When Harry Met Sally
The Princess Bride
Die Hard
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Homes Alone 1 & 2
Battle Royale
The Thing
American Werewolf in London
Groundhog Day
The Truman Show
Forrest Gump
The Shawshank Redemption
Any Toy Story (but honestly pretty much any movie from the first 10 or so years of Pixar)
Back to the Future 1&2
The Great Outdoors
The Warriors
Speed
Independence Day
Swingers (do NOT get the weird modern backlash to this film, it was a classic then, and still is now)
Chef
Silence of the Lambs
White Men Can't Jump
The Cable Guy
Demolition Man
Sexy Beast
Office Space
Ghost
Turner & Hooch
Hot Rod
Stand By Me
Trading Places

Not trying to argue that every single one of those is a genuine all time classic movie, only that they are all effortlessly charming/nostalgic and/or entertaining to me personally.

milstar

Well, when it comes to to this topic, my list is pretty scarce. The reason why: is because I tend to avoid movies I like so they won't eventually get me bored. For example; I saw A Clockwork Orange the other day, that masterpiece of cinema, after 10 years of pause after I saw it in my early 20s (when I felt like I am finally grown up man after watching that film) and probably I won't see it for another 10 years. However, movies I have seem so often are 80/90s actioneers and comedies.

Big Trouble in Little China
Commando
T2
The Running Man
Last Action Hero
Predator (in fact, pretty much everything with Arnie in)
Cobra
Beverly Hills Cop trilogy (doesn't get any less funnier)
Ace Ventura 1&2
Dumb and Dumber
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

milstar

Quote from: milstar on 27 January, 2021, 06:35:53 AM
Well, when it comes to to this topic, my list is pretty scarce. The reason why: is because I tend to avoid movies I like so they won't eventually get me bored. For example; I saw A Clockwork Orange the other day, that masterpiece of cinema, after 10 years of pause after I saw it in my early 20s (when I felt like I am finally grown up man after watching that film) and probably I won't see it for another 10 years. However, movies I have seem so often are 80/90s actioneers and comedies.

Big Trouble in Little China
Commando
T2
The Running Man
Last Action Hero
Predator (in fact, pretty much everything with Arnie in)
Cobra
Beverly Hills Cop trilogy (doesn't get any less funnier)
Ace Ventura 1&2
Dumb and Dumber

Oh, and I forgot The Mask.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]