Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

Richmond Clements

Heard nothing but bad things about the Britannia.
We've stayed at the Ibis any time we've been there, and it's been fine.

Dandontdare

Since I'm back at work after my hols, I need something to look forward to to keep myself sane, so I think I'll give this a go - trains and ticket seem pretty cheap, I'll do some searching for a hotel tonight.

Is that post-show chinese on Sunday night? I'll have to book a late train! And I'll be up for a few small shandies on the Friday night.

mygrimmbrother

This is gonna be grand... I'm putting a few sheckles aside to buy a few original sketches and ales.

uncle fester

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 22 September, 2010, 12:00:18 PM
I'm putting a few sheckles aside to buy a few original sketches and ales.

Then I would suggest, sir, that your priorities are the wrong way round :)

Dunk!

I have a friend's wedding on the Friday, so no pre-drinks for me, but look forward to Sat night when I've booked into the Holiday inn.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Seems to be quite a few boarders staying at the Holiday Inn - is that the Holiday Inn City Centre (Queensway) or the Holiday Inn Express (Lionel Street), both pretty close to each other?

Dunk!

City Centre Queensway, above Nostalgia and Comics, for me.
"Trust we"

Kerrin

Booked the Holiday Inn Queensway. If you're going to try the same you're better off phoning this evening, their website is knacked.

Oh man, I'm looking forward to this.

Dandontdare

Woohoo. Ticket, train and hotel all booked! That was pretty spontaneous, I had no plans at all to attend before today, but thought "ah, what the hell..."

See you all there!

Matt Timson

Quote from: BICS2007 on 12 August, 2010, 12:29:35 PM
Can I just mention that any pros who are not already on the guestlist and who do not have tables can you please email james@thecomicsshow.co.uk to secure your guest passes before 1st September.

cheers

Shane

I did this twice and never heard back either time.  Guess I'm just not famous enough...

:(
Pffft...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Matt Timson on 22 September, 2010, 09:09:25 PM
I did this twice and never heard back either time.  Guess I'm just not famous enough...

You can be my +1 ... :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Simply Si

Hi all,

I'll be there on Saturday unless the plane's delayed! Shame about Hi-Ex I've only just found out so obviously I must be at BICS to give Dave a chance to hone his sales skills and persuade me to buy some more Zarjaz back issues!  :lol:
Do you have to put something witty here?

Bolt-01

I'll be Happy to chat to you all day Si, and it will be a treat to meet you again.