Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BICS2007

Hi Matt

I'll email James and see if I can get you on the guest list. It's very strange of him not to reply to emails right away. Drop me a line at: shane@thecomicsshow.co.uk with your email details and I'll forward them to James.

best
Shane

Quote from: Matt Timson on 22 September, 2010, 09:09:25 PM
Quote from: BICS2007 on 12 August, 2010, 12:29:35 PM
Can I just mention that any pros who are not already on the guestlist and who do not have tables can you please email james@thecomicsshow.co.uk to secure your guest passes before 1st September.

cheers

Shane

I did this twice and never heard back either time.  Guess I'm just not famous enough...

:(

Matt Timson

Too slow, Shane- already sorted!

:D

Thanks though.
Pffft...

El Chivo

Kerrin

Cool!

I don't know why El Chivo, but I thought you lived in the States for some reason. 

El Chivo

locustsofdeath!

I'll be there Saturday as well. Questions guys - I'm bringing my two little ones, one of which is only two - should I pay at the door in case the 2-year-old is free? Or are there limited tickets?

Kerrin

Under 5s are free Locust, see here, looking forward to meeting you and the mini-locii.

El Chivo

I was hoping to get a portfolio review but missed the deadline 4 it so just going to soak up the atmosphere, check out some stalls & meet all u guys
I take it the Zarjaz/FutureQuake stall is the place to congregate/loiter?

uncle fester

I saw the queue for the portfolio reviews at Bristol. A long line of condemned-looking men waiting for the jailor to come and collect them. Didn't look like a fun way to spend an afternoon. The bar's much more fun :)

El Chivo

Quote from: uncle fester on 27 September, 2010, 08:56:05 PM
I saw the queue for the portfolio reviews at Bristol. A long line of condemned-looking men waiting for the jailor to come and collect them. Didn't look like a fun way to spend an afternoon. The bar's much more fun :)

Spose its a blessing in disguise, this way i can ease myself into breaking my convention cherry...
..the bar it is!

Lady Festina

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 27 September, 2010, 07:58:21 PM
I'll be there Saturday as well. Questions guys - I'm bringing my two little ones, one of which is only two - should I pay at the door in case the 2-year-old is free? Or are there limited tickets?

Yeay for Locust and the mini-locos coming along!

Re THE BAR! Checking the website and the only source of booze in the ThinkTank (apart from Bisley) is the IMAX Lounge. Fortunately it is open throughout the day - hurrah!

Does anyone have knowledge of any other local hostelries?

Locusts: checking the schedule for the IMAX in a slightly geeky way, they have a showing of Toy Story 3 at 10.30am.

Everyone else: evening showings are Avatar Special Edition and Inception. But if I catch any of youse in there when you should be drinking, there'll be trouble.

BICS2007

Under 5's are free :-)

Shane

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 27 September, 2010, 07:58:21 PM

COMMANDO FORCES

Now that I'm coming for the weekend, where is the meet/drinking on Friday evening?

Bolt-01

The official one is at Oceana nightclub, but I'm hoping that I can get some folks to meet up with at an actual pub where we'll be able to talk with each other.

Last year Banners arranged one for a pub I can't remember the name of for the life of me and it was a great night. Last bus home for me!

Dunk!

Bolt, it was the Wellington

http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/index.php

Real Ale-tastic, and a proper pub surrounded by clubs and bars.

Is there a plan for the Sat night?
"Trust we"