Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

My brother bought BBQ sauce. He used up all my shower gel, so it's time to return the favour with woodsmoked interest.

Also, we're all here for you Banners. We're your family.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Banners

Quote from: Roger Godpleton

Also, we're all here for you Banners. We're your family.

I love you.

x

Roger Godpleton

I have two copies of Raffles. Who here can say the same?

TordelBack

The good woman went back to work yesterday after maternity leave.  The kids get dumped in creche for 50 hours a week, her boss is a dickhead, and I have to pick up a proper share of the domestic workload after enjoying access to full-time housewifery (it was bloody marvelous, how did blokes get away with that lark for years?), but after 10 months of economic freefall one of us is finally earning a regular wage.  Thank you sweet merciful Jovus.

vzzbux

The housework is a doddle, Women make too much of bringing up kids. I was a house husband for three years (Best of my life). We men should get in on the act more often. While I am on my soap box, some women can be so sexist at these baby parent meets. They see the man as encroaching on their territory.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 June, 2010, 08:36:18 PM
While I am on my soap box, some women can be so sexist at these baby parent meets. They see the man as encroaching on their territory.

This is true at least (the former I dispute - I loathe all household tasks that don't involve cheese or kids - that my wife takes an unhealthy share of this labour I'm truly grateful for).  I've taken my son to kids' birthday parties where as the onIy father present felt like some kind of flasher found lurking in the bushes (and for once it wasn't even true).   

M.I.K.

I've won a copy of The Bronx Warriors Trilogy via a Megazine competition.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 June, 2010, 08:56:37 PM
While I am on my soap box, some women can be so sexist at these baby parent meets. They see the man as encroaching on their territory.

This is true at least (the former I dispute - I loathe all household tasks that don't involve cheese or kids - that my wife takes an unhealthy share of this labour I'm truly grateful for).  I've taken my son to kids' birthday parties where as the onIy father present felt like some kind of flasher found lurking in the bushes (and for once it wasn't even true).   

All the more reason then to question them on why they have the time to attend Baby/Parent meetings when they have household/kitchen duties to attend to at home.

;)

None of them would like to be married to myself because i enjoy doing stuff like Hoovering and cooking etc partly because when i lived at home everyone chipped in with household chores.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Van Dom

Can I join this house-husband campaign. Did it for 2 years when we lived in Japan and it was fantastic. No problem whatsoever with the kids, the housework, the cooking... I would gladly down tools tomorrow and take it up full time...

We need a revolution!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Noisybast

...some women can be so sexist at these baby parent meets. They see the man as encroaching on their territory.

You didn't share your thoughts on Karen Gillan with them, did you? :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

vzzbux

Quote from: Noisybast on 17 June, 2010, 09:16:37 PM
...some women can be so sexist at these baby parent meets. They see the man as encroaching on their territory.

You didn't share your thoughts on Karen Gillan with them, did you? :)
:lol: :lol:

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

nev

I bought a messenger bag, a wallet, socks and underwear (everything I've needed for quite some time) for cheaper than anticipated.

Roger Godpleton

SmallBlueThing

So soon after my own 40th birthday, I wake up to find my eldest son seven tomorrow. As I miraculously am not due back to work for three days, we decided to spread his birthday out over a 48 hour period- today we went to some godawful kids play center, where I was up to my neck in balls... then we took him home and gave him his present from my parents.

But- Oh The Horror!- they'd got him two PS3 games! And he only has a PS2! Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth... right up until I walk in with the other present he's allowed to open today- a PS3!

So, while I am an arm and a leg poorer, I had the splendid exprience of two very happy little boys all day. That qualifies as "sort of okay" I think.

And tomorrow he gets more games and a complete, bound, run of JD:LotF and a Death figure.

SBT

Something Fishy

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2010, 06:47:25 PM

None of them would like to be married to myself because i enjoy doing stuff like Hoovering and cooking etc partly because when i lived at home everyone chipped in with household chores.

It was like that for me too.

As a result I tend to do all the hoovering, dusting, dishes and most of the stuff like cleaning bathrooms and doing the gardens.  Cooking is the one thing I don't do much.

We work equal hours (both part time) and spend pretty similar time doing stuff with our son.