Main Menu

Rebellion To Reprint The Last American

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 November, 2016, 12:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 April, 2017, 11:19:36 AM
Sure Chris said somewhere that it was a rare cover (convention image?) not original art.

Yes, it was the UKCAC pin up that Chris supplied a fresh scan for.

SALMON63

Book plate and print are delayed slightly and should be sent out today apparently! Huzzah! All is well. >>

Where did you get this information? I've emailed their contact address twice to deafening silence?

Mute77

A chap on fb 2000ad tat and chat group got this response: "I am sorry for the delay in getting the prints and bookplates posted out.  The initial plan was to send everything together, but unfortunately that did not happen. The prints and bookplates are starting to be posted out today (I would hope that all 200 leave the warehouse today), so it is my hope that you will receive them by Thursday, just before Easter. If they don't arrive by Thursday, I'm not sure if there is a postal delivery on Saturday, it could be Tuesday 18th when they arrive.

Again, apologies for this delay."

Tjm86

Quote from: robprosser on 11 April, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
Think yourselves lucky. My book's not turned up yet. :'(

ditto.  I'm heading west later on this week, perhaps I should call in and enquire in person?

Molch-R

Quote from: SALMON63 on 11 April, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
Where did you get this information? I've emailed their contact address twice to deafening silence?

Which email address have you been using, Adrian? We've doubled check and we've had no emails from you.

SALMON63

The 2000AD website contact link. Under GET IN TOUCH. Sent my query and got an automated reply saying it would be looked into.

Adrian

Tjm86

Quote from: Molch-R on 11 April, 2017, 02:56:37 PM

Which address have you been using, ...

I think that is the same question a lot of us who ordered the book are asking.  Either that or how is it being sent?

SALMON63

This was the automated response I got twice.

2000 AD
Thanks for contacting 2000 AD!
A member of the team will get back to you soon.
Thanks,
The 2000 AD Team

Mute77

SALMON63

Sounds like there's a glitch at work? I just got an email from Oliver at support after he saw my comments on this thread. Said basically the prints/plates have all been posted today to hopefully arrive before Easter. This is the second time this has happened. The Cursed Earth limited edition arrived without the A3 poster. Understandable because of the size  'but' again no notification it was coming later or when. It's not rocket science.

Woolly

Mine turned up yesterday (minus the prints, but that's no biggie).
Not very impressed with the postal packaging though - very thin card, taped up on one side that made opening the package a bit of a pain, and the bottom right corner of the hardback has taken a knock and is a bit squished.

Bit worried about how the prints are going to look when they arrive, to be honest.

That said, the hardback is a thing of beauty. Repro droids have done a great job, can't wait to give it a read!

CalHab

Quote from: Woolly on 11 April, 2017, 06:08:16 PM
Mine turned up yesterday (minus the prints, but that's no biggie).
Not very impressed with the postal packaging though - very thin card, taped up on one side that made opening the package a bit of a pain, and the bottom right corner of the hardback has taken a knock and is a bit squished.

Bit worried about how the prints are going to look when they arrive, to be honest.

That said, the hardback is a thing of beauty. Repro droids have done a great job, can't wait to give it a read!

Likewise mine was a little bashed. Nothing serious, but a shame for such a lovely thing.

robprosser

Still no sign of mine. I wonder if the book plate will arrive first?

SALMON63

Well the jury is out on that too. Contrast this with the Com-X reprint and the original Epic comics and you'll see what I mean. There's a heavy magenta bias to the Rebellion book which is frankly losing alot of the delicate detail of Mick's work. I really hate to be picky but at £28 I think I've a right to at least point it out. Love the gallery though which makes this an essential purchase for the McMahon collector. I've been told that the Com-X files were used but that makes the difference all the more perplexing frankly.

Tomwe

No sign of my copy yet, got the shipping email back on the 4th. Hope SOMETHING turns up before the weekend.