Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Is it just me or does the NF symbol look like a Union flag held aloft on fire?

Confusing message there.

Extra morons.

"Trust we"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 May, 2010, 05:16:32 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 06 May, 2010, 05:05:49 PM
I dont want Labour to win because of 1997 to 06/06/2010.

Be careful Peter, now that these polite and loving Labour lot know that you won't be voting for their party, they will despise you.
As far as they are concerned anything that has gone wrong with this country in it's entire history is the Conservative parties fault, even before it was invented, especially because of Maggie Thatcher  ;)

I say this not to imply that you are voting Tory but because that's what they will think!

I havent got any time for stupid partisan rubbish.

I dont care and they can feel free to despise me as much as they like but in the next 5 years everyone who voted will have time to reflect on it all.

The most favorable outcome here is a hung parliament which will force them all to work together which will make it a lot harder in theory for any of them to do what they like.

Anyway heres to the next 5 years.

Have fun everyone  !!

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Robin Low

Quote from: Dunk! on 06 May, 2010, 09:02:47 PM
Is it just me or does the NF symbol look like a Union flag held aloft on fire?

The Conservative one is surprisingly weak, little more than a smudged scribble really. I can only assume the tree is an attempt to lure in a few confused Green voters.

The Christian Party's effort is a bit simplistic, but you can see where they're coming from.

Regards

Robin

Tiplodocus

Our Lib Dem candidate went by the unlikely name of Sebastian MartineauTombs.  And he lived in that Edinburgh, some 70 miles away from our actual constituency.  And we didn't even get a leaflet through the door from him. (Possibly a good thing as our SNP candidate looked, well, pissed).  So he'll be lucky if he gets a hundred votes I reckon.

I guess they just weren't trying; the Lib Dems really are the 4th Party up here in Jockland.

No other candidates than Tory, Labour, Lib Dem and SNP which was very disappointing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

I see the Dark Lord of the Sith is now saying that we need voting reform (is this because it doesn't look good for his party) and also that his boss, Emperor Brown can still run the country with another party, Jesus Christ  :o

Just go gracefully and get in jail you fucking criminal!

COMMANDO FORCES

Shock News.
Many voters stopped from voting because of queues and 22:00 came too early  ::)

Jesus Christ Man hater is now saying Brown should rule, because the voting system should be changed and that's why people voted against Labour. You could NOT make this up.

Grant Goggans

The "full UK scoreboard" on the BBC site fascinates me.  It lists 20 parties.  Outside of the lead six (Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrat, British National Party, UK Independence Party, Democratic Unionist Party and Scottish National Party, all of which I've heard of), are any of the others expected to win any seats?

Roger Godpleton

Ordinarily, no, but this time maybe.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

Tragedy? Comedy? Divine Justice? Conspiracy? You be the judge!

(PS, I know it's wrong, but I lean towards option B. But I've got a dark sense of humour!)

Dandontdare

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 06 May, 2010, 11:28:28 PMare any of the others expected to win any seats?
The Greens have a chance of taking one seat in Brighton, and veteran TV presenter Esther Rantzen (google her) may win one as an independent, but I think that's about it.

Banners

Quote from: Dandontdare
Quote from: Grant Goggansare any of the others expected to win any seats?
The Greens have a chance of taking one seat in Brighton, and veteran TV presenter Esther Rantzen (google her) may win one as an independent, but I think that's about it.

UKIP's Nigel Farage might have beaten that godawful Bercow, but since his plane crash I can't see that happening...

M@

Roger Godpleton

QuoteThe aircraft, a PZL-104 Wilga 35A, is a Polish fixed-wing aircraft which is reportedly owned by Sky Banners, in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.

We're onto you, sonny jim.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Grant Goggans

I see 2462 votes for "Others" right now.  Are these votes that haven't been sorted into all those other small party columns, or write-ins, or the real oddballs like the Monster Raving Loonies that the BBC doesn't want to acknowledge?

Banners

Quote from: Grant Goggans
I see 2462 votes for "Others" right now.  Are these votes that haven't been sorted into all those other small party columns, or write-ins, or the real oddballs like the Monster Raving Loonies that the BBC doesn't want to acknowledge?

Could just be Independents ie. people standing on their own, rather than for any party.

M@

Dandontdare

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 06 May, 2010, 11:41:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_Kingdom
scroll down to the 'Minor English Parties' for a good snapshot of the wondrous variety of bonkers British democracy in action