Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

DKCX

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Rusty on 12 December, 2012, 04:32:13 PM
Yeah, that list makes no sense at all. [spoiler]It's opinion and all that[/spoiler]...The Raid just isn't as good or well made as Dredd is full stop.

And this is just your opinion...
It's only a list on a website, nothing to get worked up about.
But FWIW, in my opinion, The Raid is easily and equal to Dredd as an action movie.

Rusty

Do you deliberately troll everyone's posts like this for the sake of it or what? I've already said it was opinion, no need for you to nitpick to point that out for me, thanks.

BTW, if The Raid is Dredd's equal, my point was why is there such a large discrepancy between the two in the placement of the list. That's the reason for the "work up". Thanks in advance.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Rusty on 14 December, 2012, 12:12:54 PM
Do you deliberately troll everyone's posts like this for the sake of it or what? I've already said it was opinion, no need for you to nitpick to point that out for me, thanks.

BTW, if The Raid is Dredd's equal, my point was why is there such a large discrepancy between the two in the placement of the list. That's the reason for the "work up". Thanks in advance.

I'll ignore the trolling remark, save to say that if you think that's what I'm doing then report me.

Why the discrepancy? The Raid was a much better received film that Dredd, it is higher in the public consciousness. That is is, in the opinion if the reporter who made the list, higher up the list.

Apestrife

http://screencrush.com/top-movies-2012-20/

Dredd on nr 20 on a list that didn't include either Bond, Dark Knight Rises or The Hobbit harr harr harr!

Love this comment too!

"Ken Coutu ยท New Liskeard, Ontario
Another top 20 tying to be smart and artsy. Half of the movies nobody will ever care about, and anyone who puts Dredd, Cabin in the Woods, and a movie that hasn`t been released yet over T.D.K.R. is trying too hard to impress people with his movie knowledge."

SmallBlueThing

'Best of' yearly lists are worthless as anything other than the writer saying "i like these ones. They are what i do like". My 'best of 2012' list would not include Bond, The Hobbit or Batman. Im desperately trying to think of a film ive seen for the first time this year that i actually liked, so any list i'd write (and having a degree in film theory amongst other things and having been at one time gainfully employed in the film industry, my opinion is no less valid than any online critic) would be a grumpy diatribe on how crap films are these days. Oh- i liked The Avengers and Apollo 18.

SBT

Apestrife

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 December, 2012, 12:35:28 AM
'Best of' yearly lists are worthless as anything other than the writer saying "i like these ones. They are what i do like". My 'best of 2012' list would not include Bond, The Hobbit or Batman. Im desperately trying to think of a film ive seen for the first time this year that i actually liked, so any list i'd write (and having a degree in film theory amongst other things and having been at one time gainfully employed in the film industry, my opinion is no less valid than any online critic) would be a grumpy diatribe on how crap films are these days. Oh- i liked The Avengers and Apollo 18.

SBT

It's not my cup of tea either, since most seem to use it to justify what they spent their money on. And I only saw 3 films I really liked this year (DREDD, Moonrise kingdom and Searching for the sugar man). But still, as I said a list that does without Bond and Batman but includes DREDD is a fun read. Here's hope that someone who reads it thinks "Oh, Dredd? Ought to check that out?" or something.

junox

well sadly  now there is a good copy  out on the internet now  i can wait till jan to watch again
but some interesting comments now on illegal sites
-------------------------------------------------------
It's been one hell of a ride! great action and bad-ass Judge Dredd!

Good movie.. solid 8/10 "Judgement is coming" yeap, for wht they say, it will come 2morrow (21/12). I just wish i could hv tried one of those Slow-Mo .. ;)

A very good movie all around, except for a few things. Also this movie had an artistic edge which I loved, and gives the movie an easy extra point. 7.2/10

Similar storyline to 'The Raid - Redemption' (which is an awesome film), that aside, not a bad film. FX were pretty cool and there were some original cinematic elements which raised it above the usual. Worth a watch.

fun saturday matinee movie. Get a big soda, some popcorn, and watch the mayhem commence. I like the telepath, its a cool character, and Dredd is just a bad ass...

Video OK,Audio OK, Would like to see this in a series! 7/10

Great movie. Urban was fantastic as Dredd combined with the stunning visual effects and sheer brutality. Was hoping that there would have been more use of the city but the setting was ideal anyway. 8/10

OMG YES! EPIC! 10/10

Visually stunning. Incredible effects. Original cinematography

This movie kicked ass. Stallone version was crap compared to this

really enjoyed this- so relieved, as i was really looking forward to seeing it... it was dark enough, and the Dredd, well, what can i say- top grim mouth!!! haaaha!!

aye not bad at all deff worth a watch, not my usual kind of thing

0x better than I was expecting, really enjoyed it actually. Some of the gore/cgi was superb 7/10

This was a good adaptation of Dredd, I think the style was a good direction for Dredd, if you like 2000AD then you'll love this Dredd film

well that was enjoyable hope this means more only time will tell but a pretty good adaption of Dredd and a pretty damn good action 8.5/10

chuffsteruk

The Blu Ray gets 4 stars(again)in the new Total Film.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 20 December, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

Probably thought no one would notice.

Goaty

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 20 December, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

Well Total Film got it at 4 stars when it's at US Comic Con, and 3 stars when for release, and now 4 stars... different reviewer I hope...?

chuffsteruk

Michaelvk

Quote from: junox on 20 December, 2012, 09:02:19 PM
well sadly  now there is a good copy  out on the internet now  i can wait till jan to watch again
but some interesting comments now on illegal sites
-------------------------------------------------------
It's been one hell of a ride! great action and bad-ass Judge Dredd!

Good movie.. solid 8/10 "Judgement is coming" yeap, for wht they say, it will come 2morrow (21/12). I just wish i could hv tried one of those Slow-Mo .. ;)

A very good movie all around, except for a few things. Also this movie had an artistic edge which I loved, and gives the movie an easy extra point. 7.2/10

Similar storyline to 'The Raid - Redemption' (which is an awesome film), that aside, not a bad film. FX were pretty cool and there were some original cinematic elements which raised it above the usual. Worth a watch.

fun saturday matinee movie. Get a big soda, some popcorn, and watch the mayhem commence. I like the telepath, its a cool character, and Dredd is just a bad ass...

Video OK,Audio OK, Would like to see this in a series! 7/10

Great movie. Urban was fantastic as Dredd combined with the stunning visual effects and sheer brutality. Was hoping that there would have been more use of the city but the setting was ideal anyway. 8/10

OMG YES! EPIC! 10/10

Visually stunning. Incredible effects. Original cinematography

This movie kicked ass. Stallone version was crap compared to this

really enjoyed this- so relieved, as i was really looking forward to seeing it... it was dark enough, and the Dredd, well, what can i say- top grim mouth!!! haaaha!!

aye not bad at all deff worth a watch, not my usual kind of thing

0x better than I was expecting, really enjoyed it actually. Some of the gore/cgi was superb 7/10

This was a good adaptation of Dredd, I think the style was a good direction for Dredd, if you like 2000AD then you'll love this Dredd film

well that was enjoyable hope this means more only time will tell but a pretty good adaption of Dredd and a pretty damn good action 8.5/10

That's great, but if so much as one of them is wondering about a sequel, so help me...
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Bat King

I'll not offer to hold your coat, Michael.

Leeches. I refuse to see an illegal Court on the principal that, well I guess it encourages crime for one thing.

And the thing with top this n that of anything... Personal preference. What I like others may not. That is the Eau of art & film is art. Films, books, plays, music, comics, comedians. Everyone has differing tastes.

My top 10 is Dredd & Judge Minty. That odds all I needed this year, anything else is a bonus.

But really, those leeches watching Dredd for free are annoying the hell out of me. Theft. If I see a shoplifter in action I report them, these people are no better.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex