Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale - What you get? Whats on the flash sale? Recommendations

Started by bluemeanie, 11 July, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

my friend bought dredd vs death, and a copy for me :) top bloke. we're going to see if the online co-op still works tonight.

bluemeanie

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 20 July, 2013, 05:11:46 PM
my friend bought dredd vs death, and a copy for me :) top bloke. we're going to see if the online co-op still works tonight.

Nice one. Would be really interested to hear how you get on

GrudgeJohnDeed

alas, the matchmaking doesnt seem to work. We both tried making a co-op game and searching for the other person but i guess whatever servers that relayed that information are long gone. a real shame, co-op maximises the fun, thats how i played it on the Gamecube back in the day.

Played some of it solo, there were some interesting ideas like arrests and lawgiver ammunition types are fun (though a little slow to cycle through, i want to feel like a badass), but the gameplays pretty standard and out of date now. Megacity one in the distance looks fantastic, but the actual enviroments you explore are really empty and uninteresting. I hate to rag on a dredd game, we havent got many, but he deserves the best!!!

bluemeanie

Less than 24hrs to go now

Worms Revolution and Fallout New Vegas (with all DLC) got today. Still got about a fiver from my original £25 budget which isnt bad as I've got five games and one of those, Counter-Strike, was itself a five game bundle.

May get Fallout3 as my last one unless something good pops up in the flash sales before then

The Doctor Alt 8

Not ever going to buy any more STEAM games... 2 copies of bloody Skyrim I bought.
two copies for two separate machines & the poxy security won't let me play either of them because they refuse to acknowledge my password/ code combinations.
stuff 'em.

jossy99

got Dredd vs Death im really enjoying it

If you aint got walking dead yet I suggest you get it its only £5:25 and for me it was the best game of last year

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: jossy99 on 22 July, 2013, 03:00:23 PM
got Dredd vs Death im really enjoying it

If you aint got walking dead yet I suggest you get it its only £5:25 and for me it was the best game of last year

'cept it wasn't actually a game, was it? More an interactive story book.
Lock up your spoons!

sheldipez

Walking Dead is a shining gem in a industry full of shooters. I've always been a big fan of Telltale's output but this is something else. Nice to see it wasn't another one of those games that gets critical acclaim but doesn't sell.

The last episode was slightly spoilt for me as someone was cutting onions in the room near the end. ;D

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 22 July, 2013, 01:18:58 AM
Not ever going to buy any more STEAM games... 2 copies of bloody Skyrim I bought.
two copies for two separate machines & the poxy security won't let me play either of them because they refuse to acknowledge my password/ code combinations.
stuff 'em.

I bought it once but it's unplayable due to a horrible strobing effect.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sheldipez on 22 July, 2013, 07:21:01 PM

Walking Dead is a shining gem in a industry full of shooters. I've always been a big fan of Telltale's output but this is something else. Nice to see it wasn't another one of those games that gets critical acclaim but doesn't sell.

The last episode was slightly spoilt for me as someone was cutting onions in the room near the end. ;D

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. It just didn't feel interative.
Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

Besides my two purchases, mentioned earlier, I've deliberately avoided the sale this time.  I have a massive list of bought Steam games I've never even installed on my PC.  It's beyond a joke.  Add to that all my games on Xbox Live and my 3DS, it's becoming a bloody problem.  I still have 360 games in their shrinkwrap FFS!  I'm not even going to go into my massive collection of previous gen consoles and games.

So yeah, as of now, no more Steam games for me. Ever.

Unless they're really really cheap.  And shiny.

The Doctor Alt 8

You could sell them...

Or give them to someone who's home got robbed of his game and console...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 July, 2013, 12:13:59 PM
You could sell them...

Or give them to someone who's home got robbed of his game and console...

I do have some games spare that GAME wouldn't take in trade for a variety of reasons.  PM me and we'll see what we can sort out.

klute

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 23 July, 2013, 10:07:19 AM
Besides my two purchases, mentioned earlier, I've deliberately avoided the sale this time.  I have a massive list of bought Steam games I've never even installed on my PC.  It's beyond a joke.  Add to that all my games on Xbox Live and my 3DS, it's becoming a bloody problem.  I still have 360 games in their shrinkwrap FFS!  I'm not even going to go into my massive collection of previous gen consoles and games.

So yeah, as of now, no more Steam games for me. Ever.

Unless they're really really cheap.  And shiny.

I have a load of previous gen consoles and game's i once asked my wife to trade them in at GAME they offered 4 pound for the dreamcast......................as such i still have it robbin bastards
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.