Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Associated Press calls it Trump.

terryworld

I blame you CF. went to the gym this morning with the podcast on. you said it would be a good laugh if he won. left the house and according to the polls, no way was trump gonna win. get home and.... WTF??!!

TordelBack

I've felt sure this was an inevitability for weeks now. It was a vote against a complacent establishment, instead of voting for either Kang or Kodos again, they voted for Homer. Maybe this will lance the boil?

And we thought 2016 was a scunner of a year - it'll be bloody nostalgia territory soon.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 November, 2016, 08:01:49 AM
I've felt sure this was an inevitability for weeks now. It was a vote against a complacent establishment, instead of voting for either Kang or Kodos again, they voted for Homer. Maybe this will lance the boil?

I've been trying to tell my American friends this for months: that the forces in play here are almost identical to those in the EU referendum. The choice on offer was 'more of the same' versus 'something different' — the reason why Trump was immune to any fact you could throw against him was the same as many 'Leave' voters' indifference to obvious, indisputable facts: they weren't voting for something, they were voting against the status quo, for anything that wasn't that.

Trump, like 'Leave', was a hole into which people who (rightly or wrongly) felt threatened and disenfranchised could pour their frustration, dissatisfaction and fear. Nothing you can say about what he is could counteract the unquestionable fact of what he isn't, in the voters' minds, at least.

Ironically, Sanders would have destroyed Trump.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

I'm crying. I'' so worried what this means for my minority friends across the pond, how the fuck could this happen? Where did we go wrong?!

Grugz

why do i keep thinking he reminds me of bob booth?

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Muon

Time to end the disastrous democratic experiment.

TordelBack

The issues for all those Americans who aren't abusive billionaire sacks of suet are very serious, but what really bothers me about this is the wider trend: at this critical moment in the human story, when we need to think selflessly and long-term and act collectively to make difficult choices about mass-migrations and the climate change that drives them, we've decided instead to pledge our allegiance and bind the fate of our planet to the most selfish, the most ignorant, the very shoutiest chimps.

See also, the 52%.

Grugz

chimp? would prefer an orang-utan....we could call him Dave.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 09 November, 2016, 09:12:13 AM
chimp? would prefer an orang-utan....we could call him Dave.

With you on that. Dave knows.

JOE SOAP

It was a forgone conclusion after the DNC shanghaied the most popular candidate, Bernie Sanders.

The DNC threw all in with Hillary due to the Clintons' control of mass amounts of dodgy private funding and the DNC wanting to keep their jobs, jobs they would inevitably lose under a Trump or Sanders victory. This was never about the 'people', but like Trump, totally self-serving and in hock to big-business.

A Trump win is the best thing that could've happened as it will likely galvanise a stronger outside opposition to the right-wing corporatist faction the DNC have become; an opposition that otherwise would've slept through another Clinton presidency, stealthily passing all the shitty policies previous Republican governments failed to do which inevitably leads to an even worse public reaction - the election of a smarter Trump-like figure that seems less crazy and more attractive, on the outside.

It's amazing that even with the full support of the media, The Republican Party and the establishment, Clinton still failed to get elected against Trump. That's how weak a candidate she was.

Radbacker

so I guess it will be that rapper guy married to that Kardashian chick with the big arse for 2020?
politics has turned into a joke in all countries, even here in OZ we currently have an elected PM who has a popularity or something like 30-35%, I'm guessing Shame Warne for PM 2019 (i'd rather Ms Minouge personally).

CU Radbacker

The Legendary Shark

"Do you, Donald Booth Caligula Trump, solemnly swear or affirm to faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and will, to the best of your ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States?"

"Who the Hell are you talking to, Pipsqueak?"

"I beg your pardon?! I am the Chief Justice of the United..."

"Yadda, yadda. Got a Green Card, pal?"

"What? No! Of course I haven't, I was born in Maine!"

"Sergeant, take this immigrant away and toss it over the Great South Wall."

"Er, we haven't got a Great South Wall yet, Sir."

"No wall?"

"Sorry, Sir."

"Damn this complacent country! Somebody fetch me a peasant to punch!"

"We could, er, build a bit of wall, Sir?"

"What?"

"Get the Engineering Corps to build a section of wall, Sir, on the border, then we could throw him over that."

"Good thinking, Sergeant. You get right on that - and make sure you build it on the Mexican side so we can charge the motherf*ckers rent on it."

"Yes, Sir."

"Right, pressing on. So, this is the White House, is it? Pfft. It's a bit tacky but I guess it'll have to do for now. We'll finish the tour later, I want to get started. Take me straight to the Throne Room."

"Um, there is no throne room, Sir. This place is largely a legislative..."

"By thunder! No Great South Wall? No Throne Room? Next thing, you'll be telling me there are no dungeons, either!"

"Ahm... I... Um. I'll get some builders in, Sir."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Prodigal2

Just waiting on everything starting to shimmer and waking up from a ugly dream.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 09 November, 2016, 11:23:41 AM
Just waiting on everything starting to shimmer and waking up from a ugly dream.

'This ain't America anymore kid, this is Mega City One and you and your old man have got a lot to learn.' Ah Judge Dredd America. Might be a jump in the sales for that great book. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla