Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

Bub is great! Brilliant drawing of him!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Johnnystress' saints are incredible - I've just discovered the relevant blog, and it's amazing stuff.  I've always loved the twisted mythologies that are the lives (and deaths) of the saints, and these are the perfect companion. 

johnnystress

Thanks Tordelback, much appreciated

Updating my website as I wait to get a new job...

http://www.pullingpictures.com/

El Chivo

This is a pic i did for some friends of mine
I think it's 'dubstep' or 'grime'or something, i just call it 'Young People's Music'
I'll put up a link to check it out when they send me one

Matt Timson

Quote from: In Orbit Every Monday on 13 February, 2010, 12:10:38 PM
The exact reason for this piece escapes me now - a comp perhaps?

But now this JPEG is all that exists of the piece where I feel I first 'got' inking line art with brushes.

And that's why I have a positive attachment to it still.

My one major criticism in hindsight was the unnecessary Pshop. Something I can't change as I no longer have the digital files or original artwork.

To me the texturing of the clothing adds nothing. The halftone 'vertex' in back frames the figure well enough though.

Ol

I've always loved this pic.
Pffft...

Ryan Thomason

I dabble in lino cut from time to time:

Dunk!

Amazing work across the board. Very impressive.

Zombies you say? Well here's some from a few years ago.
"Trust we"

Pete Wells

A fantastic thread folks! It's a shame this is the only post I'll ever be able to make on it as I have the artistic abilities of a gnat, as evidenced by all the art comps! Love those zombies Dunk!

In Orbit Every Monday

I don't visit the thread for a couple of days and all this smokin' material turns up.

Woolly, you,ve got a Dan-Malone-of-Bitmap-Bros feel coming on there - meaty.

And MGB - I'm finding the clean ink lines over earthy textures and muted palette pleasing too.

And cheers Matt - I've got a heap of old back-up CDs to trawl through - I'm hoping that the original scan is on one.

In a bit, Ol

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: .Woolly on 13 February, 2010, 02:47:34 PM
Was thinking earlier that i havent seen anything from Jimbo in a while, and then a double-whammy* of stunners!

Funnily enough, that statement can be flipped around and applied to you! Gorgeous mutie, Sir. Yeah, I'm not getting quite as much time as I'd like to 'art' - my sketches and linework rarely progress as far as the full Pshop treatment these days, and me being me I daren't post anything I'm not completely happy with.

I love that this thread has brought back (however temporarily) some of the board artists who've been a bit quieter in recent years - Woolly, JStress, etc. And all arrayed alongside the new blood that we've gained since! Loving the lino cut and Dunk's zombies.

Does anyone remember Skoi? He really seemed like an artist to watch, but I don't think he's posted for a couple of years now.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bhuna

The amount of talent on this forum just amazes me! Fantastic stuff and keep it coming
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dark Jimbo

Seems like an appropriate place to post this - an entry for one of the xmas art threads a few years ago. Unfinished because I somehow managed to simultaneously delete the other half of the picture and flatten the layers of what was left before overwriting all previous versions. A system restore never occured to me and it's far too late now, so this is all that remains...

@jamesfeistdraws

johnnystress

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Zarjazzer

Wow so many brilliant peices here, but that Christmas card Dark Jimbo is ace!

If Tharg sold 'em i'd buy it in packs of ten!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.