Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well over at you're blog I said I'd say this again so might as well be here. Absolutely love your line work Alex, love it love it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Mr Ronald Mr Ronald :O:O

Good gravy you need to draw like that more often :D

Darren Stephens

Fantastic stuff, Alex and Neil.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Spaceghost

My son is learning about super heroes at school next week (pretty good school eh?), so I drew him a picture to take in -

I snuck Dredd in to try and infect the young 'uns minds and get them buying the prog in a few years. (they're about 7 years old)
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

CrazyFoxMachine

That's so sweet! Bless ye mister Bates - !

Love the Spiderpose particularly :D

radiator

I've recently been looking to get some good quality film posters or art prints to frame and hang on my walls to spruce up the flat, but from long hours of searching online, I have discovered that all of the really nice, classy prints I can find (like the cool ones they sell on Mondotees.com) are either massively expensive or unavailable. So yesterday, frustrated after another fruitless search, I thought: fuck it, I'm (sort of) an artist - I'll just make my own damn prints!

Here's my first sketch for a Predator piece - this is only part of it and it's very early days. Not sure how I'm going to finish it - I'd like it to have a sort of faux-screenprinted look when done, but I'm gonna play around with it a bit....

Only problem is that I'm not sure my girlfriend approves...

Kerrin

Ooh, nice. So when you say 'screenprint', do you mean kind of Olly Moss poster style?

ghostpockets

Awesome stuff guys!

You are right to indoctrinate them young Lee, just like the Academy of Law. Really nice picca as well, I love Batman and the Hulk's expressions in particular.

And Radiator's elegant solution to the problem of expensive prints is both fantastic and inspired. Different in tone to your usual stuff but still totally you. Nice one!

SuperSurfer

Good stuff chaps.

My niece is also studying creating comics at secondary school and for that has to create a super hero. I was talking to her dad about the current issues of Imagine FX and Comic Heroes which have some interesting articles at the moment but due to some of the saucy images in those I will copy some relevant pages instead. While I was most pleased that they are teaching comics at her school I was upset and actually surprised that she doesn't know of any kids who read comics.

Ah, the problem of bare walls. I've been intending to do some illustrations for the flat but it has never happened. Nothing super hero or sci-fi mind you, but something more 'arty'. I like tons of this stuff http://www.gigposters.com/

radiator

QuoteOoh, nice. So when you say 'screenprint', do you mean kind of Olly Moss poster style?

Not quite that minimalist, but I'm probably going to try a few different colour schemes and see what works. Ideally I want to limit myself to using only 2 or 3 colours and make it more 'postery' than my usual digi-painted style - maybe take something of the aesthetic of Tyler Stout's awesome screenprinted movie posters while keeping my usual drawing style.

CrazyFoxMachine

NeilFord

mygrimmbrother

Neil you fucking rock. Apart from the fact that your stuff looks gorgeous, every picture seems to ooze real characterisation too.

NeilFord

Mygrimmbrother I do believe you are the nicest fellow I've met on the web... :) Thank you very much indeed!

Cpt Rhodes

Lee: Your composition of the characters is ace. You'd be amazed how many people overlook that as a vital piece of their image, (me included)

Neil: That pic has got to have a story to go along with it surely?

Radiator: You seem to have been gone for ages, you and Dave Hedmark, good to see your newest stuff. Can I make a colouring request/suggestion? I'd love to see that image painted in the colours of the predator vision, purples/greens etc.
It would be very psychedelic.