Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

The higher the number of watchers, the higher the auction will generally end at. Sure, lots of watchers won't bid, but lots of them will.

ming

Not exactly sure what the last Halo pages on eBay went for but I saw one last year I think; sold for maybe £400 or so.  Having Alan Moore attached  bumps the price somewhat, especially as it tends to attract the attention of US buyers (whereas it'd just get ignored otherwise).

o1s1n

Already £410 now with almost 5 days to go. Either some people went a bit mental and maxed our their bidding far too early or else this will really go big. Be an interesting one to watch anyway :)

opaque

Sometimes you have to throw your bid in in case you won't be around for the end don't you. Then you have time to find more money when you get outbid ;)

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

opaque

And that's with only Skizz's arm!

o1s1n

Quote from: opaque on 04 January, 2013, 12:01:45 AM
Sometimes you have to throw your bid in in case you won't be around for the end don't you. Then you have time to find more money when you get outbid ;)

That would be why I have an ebay app on my phone. Have successfully sniped many a time with it while out and about :D

opaque

Totally right, but I've had MANY missed 2000ad and other related auctions missed by the Ebay app sucking. Telling me about closing auctions after they have finished or not telling me about auctions finishing atall so I tend to avoid it these days unless I have no choice.

Banners

I think eBay should extend the auctions by 60 seconds every time there's a new bid within the last minute.

o1s1n

Quote from: opaque on 04 January, 2013, 09:53:04 AM
Totally right, but I've had MANY missed 2000ad and other related auctions missed by the Ebay app sucking. Telling me about closing auctions after they have finished or not telling me about auctions finishing atall so I tend to avoid it these days unless I have no choice.

That's one major problem I've had with it too :( - telling me the auction is finishing after its finished. What I do now is just try to be really aware of an auction if I really really really want to bid on it and don't rely on the app telling me.

The bidding function of it hasn't let me down yet thankfully.

Quote from: Banners on 04 January, 2013, 09:59:06 AM
I think eBay should extend the auctions by 60 seconds every time there's a new bid within the last minute.

Madness!!! That would completely kill bargains on ebay (and any fun in using the service)

Just make sure to get your maximum proxy bid in before the auction ends, simples :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: blackmocco on 04 January, 2013, 12:13:08 AM
Some glorious Jim Baikie Skizz art...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Original-Artwork-SKIZZ-/290836435964?pt=UK_art_prints_GL&hash=item43b733d3fc

Wow isn't it just. I'd bloody love a piece of Baike art, either Skizz or New Statesman. Alas not for the time being at the sort of prices this is at.

Spikes

opaque

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 January, 2013, 11:24:38 AM
Quote from: opaque on 04 January, 2013, 12:18:14 AM
And that's with only Skizz's arm!

But what a arm,  ;)

:)
His artwork is really lovely in the flesh too.

Spikes

hippynumber1

I have a page from 'Midnight's Children' and it really is lovely work!  A Skizz page would top it though...