Main Menu

Rebellion buys TI Media archive

Started by TordelBack, 28 September, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Splank! on 29 September, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
So much great material from the Odhams comics.  Perhaps a companion volume to the Ken Reid Faceache book with some of Leo Baxendale's work from Wham! and Smash!   And I recognise there is little hope of this, but it would be nice to see a reprint of the totally bonkers Brian's Brain strip from Smash!

I'm eager to read Brian's Brain.

seanharry

Strips that I would love to see collected, and am curious if they are included:-

The Steel Claw
Jungle Robot / Robot Archie
Cursitor Doom
Janus Stark
Kelly's Eye
Mytek the Mighty

O Lucky Stevie!

Would this mean that Spellbinder may finally return to print? Huzzah!

Brilliant comic, that Lion
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 29 September, 2018, 11:21:11 AM
I find it very strange when IP get bought and they do nothing with the titles. Rebellion does a great job with their acquisitions not like The Dan Dare Corporation which effectively killed all their IP.

I never understand that either - I know Egmont bought IPC so they'd have access to the Disney licence across Europe (something like that, anyway) so they ruthlessly exploited the licenced IP but ignored everything else.  Sure I read somewhere that the Dan Dare Corporation think their IP is worth more than it is, but you'd think they'd have managed their expectations by now.

CalHab

Quote from: sheridan on 05 October, 2018, 12:41:53 PM
Sure I read somewhere that the Dan Dare Corporation think their IP is worth more than it is, but you'd think they'd have managed their expectations by now.

Exactly. Ask a 9 year old if they know who Dan Dare is.

IndigoPrime

What gets me about Dare is the manner in which it was released. Those high-price low-page-count volumes, where reprinting was never a thing. So once the first few went out of print, who's going to start collecting? (Contrast with the Dredd Case Files, Hellboy, or pretty much anything by Marvel.)

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 October, 2018, 01:15:50 PM
What gets me about Dare is the manner in which it was released. Those high-price low-page-count volumes, where reprinting was never a thing. So once the first few went out of print, who's going to start collecting? (Contrast with the Dredd Case Files, Hellboy, or pretty much anything by Marvel.)

I am one of those guys who really like Dan Dare. My first experience with British comics was Dan Dare from the New Eagle. I always wished to get the complete Dan Dare from the new Eagle but know it will never happen. The Titan reprints are over-expensive and as you said low page-count.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: John Pannozzi on 29 September, 2018, 01:51:07 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 28 September, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
So Rebellion basically owns every British comic character you've ever heard of, except Dan Dare, Desperate Dan and Dennis the Menace?

(to the general public, that is - people here will know an awful lot more comic characters).

Well, they don't own Tank Girl either.

I didn't say they did - I said every comic character the general public would know.  I doubt many people outside comics remember the Lori Petty film, and the ones who do might not be aware she was a comic character first.

IAMTHESYSTEM

They should hire Robot Archie out for his RPG Puzzle Games or even Multiplayer battlers like Fortnite. He'd be great for younger game obsessed sprogs. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla