Main Menu

1424 Stone Cold Crazy

Started by ukdane, 01 February, 2005, 01:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert.

The Simon Davis artwork is always somewhat,of a *Lavender Marraige*.

Theres something not quite complete about it.

Dredd/Nice openness of space by the artist.Reminiscent of annuals gone by.Good to see an old charactor back on the beat.But those spectacles man!

Second City/ 'The most violent sport?'hmm, Debatable

Slaine/So what.Give me an axe an Ill tale off a few heads with a barbaric perspective.This story needs to be read like the bayoeux tapestry.Not only in a scroll as a historical account of an account of history.How do we move Slaine on?

Cabbs/Taxi!

Nikolai/ So what.Give me a quick sword hand and a busty blonde...I am liking the forced grouping of the fellowship.Nik/Wiz/the X/Ms Ballbreaker.
Wheres Toto?

Letters/It was really good this week to see letters from three people I have spoken to over this and the Input message board.
Its weirdly good. Its the first time I can say that about anything in my life.
And i hate to piss,shaz,but I would not have been able to without the site.
I already made a comment about the letters and Tulkas took it as a heavy comment.Silly,really
I was being ironic but I feel it is wasted on the literalists.
Jim Smokes.X

Floyd-the-k

Just like Krusti said;

Cover - blah

Dredd - Good sentimental stuff. It{s great to see so many {aftermath of total war! type stories. I still dont lke the new Dredd logo.

SCB - My optimism is fading fast with this one. I still can$t get worked up about the characters, the future sport, the squid gangster....or anything there really. The cricket bat wielding gangsters are a nice idea.

Slaine - not the best one for the art....a bit too murky. I*m positive therell be a deusexmachintastic ending of some kind. That Goddess, shes so whinsical and perverse (yawn).

Cab Inc. - Alright but anticlimactic, like Krusti says. Whats with the killing off of a badly drawn Tom Baker?

Dante - alright as far as it goes.  Nice art, story is idling a bit

Droid Life - Fun as usual

Input: yeehah, plus nice letter from Logan.  The new lay out is nice, letters we can read at last.

Dunk!

'Jeez, Chill out' goes to a writer on the letters page. Not any comments anyone has made. Review the prog not the review thread.
"Trust we"

House of Usher

Ah, your message appeared to be a reply to a message by 'Jimmy Smoker' that just happened to be the message at the top of the page, hence his misunderstanding I reckon.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Floyd, I think I may be able to shed a bit of light on the Tom Baker cameo. He's currently playing a character in a very light drama series called Monarch of the Glen. He's the returned long-lost brother of the previous Laird (Richard Briers from The Good Life) who died and left the estate to Susan Hampshire. Does that help?
STRIKE !!!

DavidXBrunt

Whoa there, bit of a continuity mix up there! The old Laird didn't in fact leave the estate to Molly as you suggest but to Archie as it would be handed down to his son. Archie who became the new 'Monarch of the Glen' through right of sucession. However, Archie later abandoned the role to run a vinyard in New Zealand with the assistance of his new wife Lexie, who you'll remember started life as the maid at the Glenbogle estate. The current Lairdship is held by Archies recently discovered half-brother. Tom plays his roguish half-uncle returned to the family under their legal protection because he's an eccentric nuisance.

Have we cleared that up?

GordonR

"Tom plays his roguish half-uncle returned to the family under their legal protection because he's an eccentric nuisance."

Good to see the old trooper branching out and daring to be cast against type.  ;->

Anyway, I have no idea what this has to do with 2000AD.  'Laird of the Heathers' is a fictitious TV programme I made up, and 'Bill' is a completely fictitious character who in no way bears any resemblance to anyone living or dead.

Dudley

who in no way bears any resemblance to anyone living or dead.

Bit harsh... I thought Dom made quite a good stab at it.

WoD

Dante - Heh...I liked the old-T-Rex and the dark looking matter that it came from as well...

Where do they get their ideas.

CABs - felt like there was a page missing as it seemed a bit curtailed and 'weak' after last week.

The Amstor Computer

"CABs - felt like there was a page missing as it seemed a bit curtailed and 'weak' after last week."

I think that if you look at last week & this week as one extra-length episode, it makes more sense. Would work perfectly well in a collected edition...

;-)

Max Kon

when the little girl screams 'Mummy' the the lady screams no and jumps or her baby's killer's sword

Mudcrab

Dredd: Splendid. I cried for the Wootkins family.
Second City Blues: Yeah, getting there.
Slaine: Excellent, artwork unbelievable, story not too bad at all. Good show.
Cab Inc: Nice, as usual.
Nikolai Dante: He he, he said...

I even read those letters.

That's right I'm here to annoy you on 3 different threads that I'm ages behind in reading. New shell, much chaos, aologies for dragging up an old thread, but hey, it's on topic!

Cheers! oops, just spilt wine on me keyboaqxyz..
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Bolt-01