Main Menu

Crysis 2

Started by Darren Stephens, 25 March, 2011, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

The thing that annoys me the most about not having saves is that there are often multiple ways to approach different encounters in the game, ie you might want to take a stealthy approach or go in all guns blazing or maybe take a different route around a section of the game. I often like to replay sections of games in different ways, but with checkpoints it makes it pretty hard to do.

Dan

Missed this thread! I picked Crysis 2 up on a whim when I was out in town shortly after release. Loved the campaign, the story actually improved after about the mid point, prior to that it was very same old "go here do this, oh no the guy's not there". Terrible AI at times too, soldiers running into walls/up and down stairs etc were rife early in the campaign.

But the visuals.. oh wow I've not seen a better looking game, perhaps ever. The in game cinematic sequences are jaw dropping.

Playing through the campaign now on super-soldier for achievements, with nano-suit upgrades all done it's a cakewalk to stealth 90% of the game (which is sort of fun in it's own way!).

I'm enjoying the multiplayer too. Working on assessments and levelling up tickles my brain's reward centre in just the right way and I'm not terrible at it (sometimes) so it's all good.

Pete Wells

I quite like this but it's not a patch on the original. It's great that the suit abilities last longer but that AI is absolutely awful, it must be a decade since I've seen a frozen enemy or one just repeatedly walking into a wall...

bluemeanie

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 April, 2011, 09:11:13 AM
I quite like this but it's not a patch on the original. It's great that the suit abilities last longer but that AI is absolutely awful, it must be a decade since I've seen a frozen enemy or one just repeatedly walking into a wall...

Really? I didnt see any of that and thought they were pretty clued up. Any time I was trying to be sneaky they were shooting through my cover and lobbing over grenades.

Finished it last week, really enjoyed it.

I was playing on the pc though, dunno if that makes a difference.

Only game I got on the go now still to finish is Dead Space 2  :-\

davethomson

I got Crysis 2 for the PS3 yesterday, played the first few levels and then my blu-ray drive packed in. Third PS3 to do this to me, but at least it's still under warranty. I was enjoying it as well, now I am going to have to patiently wait for the nice man with the pink crate. :'(

Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!