Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii)

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 May, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

OK - Still looked pretty(ish) though.

Something Fishy

WOD: yeah, very much so on the more cartoony games.

Some, like No More Hero's look gash when they try tobe realistic but it's not about the visuals.  I have 2 other consoles for that.  The wii is for waggly family fun.

COMMANDO FORCES

Right that's that bought now (for my son) now all I have to do is wait for the release date.
Last quarter you say, :(

dweezil2

Anyone heard of a more definitive release date on this yet? I'm getting an itchy trigger finger!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

I went in Game (or what ever it's called) last week and they couldn't find it on their release date guide and that went up to Christmas.

w3bz

Was playing it a couple of days back as wanted to see what it was like on the Wii (did QA on the PS2 version) and it's adapted really well which is cool :) still lovin' that game!

COMMANDO FORCES

That doesn't answer the question. When's it coming out??????????

w3bz

Wow, damn, with that many questionmarks how could I not answer?

...oh wait I did it again  :shock:

ThryllSeekyr

Is thsi just aslightly better version of the PStwo game.

GordonR

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Is thsi just aslightly better version of the PStwo game.

I imagine it'll be a straight port of the PS2/X-Box version - ie. translating the game from one console to another.   That doesn't automatically make a game 'slightly better', just the same game on a different format.

I'd be very surprised if there was any new game content in it, if that's what you're really looking for here.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: "GordonR"
Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Is thsi just aslightly better version of the PStwo game.

I imagine it'll be a straight port of the PS2/X-Box version - ie. translating the game from one console to another.   That doesn't automatically make a game 'slightly better', just the same game on a different format.

I'd be very surprised if there was any new game content in it, if that's what you're really looking for here.

I'm guessing with it being the wii though they'll throw in some motion control for some of the aiming and whatnot. I still haven't found that sort of wii gubbins to improve things though, a button will always be more responsive than some arm waggling. The Xbox version is now compatible with the 360 so might grab that (am trying to replace my PS2 games now that I'm all next-gen), unless the wii version turns out to be the definitive experience.

WoD

I play the Xbox version on the 360 and it runs nicely.  Would hope that there is some optimisation for the Wii though.  I actually like the controls, not just the motion stuff (that has its place though) but the nunchuck connection makes it pretty ergonomic.

Keef Monkey

There's a one page preview in the new issue of GamesTM. The tone was very positive, they were impressed with the graphics (which apparantly are much improved in terms of effects and textures) and they also said the use of the motion controls is great. Nunchuck moves him about, the wii-mote aims your weapon (they said the accuracy is great) and you shake the nunchuk to throw grenades. Also the multiplayer is now 4 player split-screen (but given the cost of wii controllers I'm not buying another 3). I've been meaning to rebuy the game for a while and this looks like it'll be the version to go for.

Tiplodocus

I picked this up previously for the XBOX (about 7 quid I paid) and enjoyed the couple of levels I played but then Teenage Tips pawned it (probably to buy drugs or prostitutes) so I never got to finish it.

So I think I'll put it on my Christmas list.  I like the Wii controls for shooty games; Nunchuk to steer, Remote to Aim and Shoot seems most natural control method I can think of.

Stak!  Nain! Etc.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I've just revisited the Rogue PS2 game and rattled through it, great fun, now back to Dredd vs D'eath, but still can't kill all those damn vampires, what am I doing wrong? Tips anyone?
DDT did a job on me