Main Menu

ABC Warriors - animation trailer...

Started by Goaty, 02 October, 2009, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Wow - that looks really cool. I remember seeing a bit of that Doctor Who animation thing they did, but this looks streets ahead of that. Can't wait to see some more.

Colin YNWA

Actually just speculating a bit but I do wonder if they are going to make an announcement at BICS about this?

Pete Wells

Yeah, that's what I assumed. Let's hope the lucky sods that are there let us know asap!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got back in from work, now how am I supposed to get to sleep with those images implanted into my brain.
I'm slightly excited............

Mike Gloady

Oh that's just too cool. Can't wait. A game would be too much to hope for. Although if Rebellion WERE thinking of that, squad based would be the obvious way to do it.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 02 October, 2009, 09:30:50 PM
mek- quake (if that is him in the background) seems to now have legs.

Pay attention at the back, there. He's had legs intermittently since waaaaaaay back in Nemesis Book V, and exclusively since halfway through the 'Return to Mars' arc.
@jamesfeistdraws

vzzbux

Whoaaaaahhhhh!!!

What the fuck was that.

Gimmme more.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 02 October, 2009, 08:42:38 PMGetting rid of Mekkers' old killdozer body was a massive shame.
I agree—it was a real differentiator. I imagine it was pretty damn awkward to write for, though. Anim looks nice—it'd be great to see more 2000 AD stuff 'out there', what with us so far having one shitty Dredd movie and a rip-off of Shok.

ThryllSeekyr

Very impressicvve.

Rebellion has a future here.

Mardroid

I like it a lot. I'm particularly impressed by small things like those explosions of rock from energy-bolt hits and the sparks as the bolts hit the bunker.

I'm not too keen on Hammerstein's gun either, but for a different reason. It doesn't bother me that the gun looks like Dredd's gun from the film. I quite liked the gun design. It's a nice little reference if anything, (especially concerning Hammerstein's cameo in the film) and if this animation turns out to be good, well it's better for the gun to be associated with a cool production, right? It's not as if Hammerstein really has an iconic gun in the comics either apart from his built in arm weaponry (if that qualifies). He tends to just pick up a generic looking futuristic pistol for his hand weapons. As his name suggests, his iconic* weapon isn't a gun (although he uses them often). As long as any forthcoming  Dredd animation keeps to the mark 1/2 lawgiver style of the comics, I don't mind.

The problem I do have with it is that of proportion. It's scaled way too large. I usually like big guns on robots, but for some reason it looks weird here.

As for wanting more, I notice this particular animation is very Mongrol-centric. I wonder if there will be little promo shots featuring each of the characters in the central role. I can imagine a lightening flickering Deadlock image...

*Sorry to use that word again.

EDIT- I just noticed Hammerstein swaps sides in the animation too! I guess that slow-mo gave him time to do that. Heh.

Hoagy

I'd say the opening and silhouette was very Gorillaz-esque in the feel of it.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Van Dom

Sweet Jesus yes!!!
What is it, where is it, when is it?!?!?
I need more of this NOW!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Tiplodocus

And that is rubbish compared to your BUTTON MAN cartoon.

And your mum.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

It looks great, but can we work out a left-to-right for it?

Obviously that's Deadlock with the sword, plus Mongrol and Hammerstein, but who are the others. I know it's meant to be a teaser, but I'm not certain which robot's which.

- Trout