Main Menu

Batman: Arkham City

Started by Goaty, 26 September, 2011, 12:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Only been play Batman: Arkham Asylum last weekend when ill with Man-Flu! So love the game, def one of my fave games, great actions, with grapple-gun, and hovering with cape. and solves Riddle puzzles, nice touch  with comic geek as learn the history about the villians!

Cant wait for sequel out on 21st October!

Here the gameplay of the Batman: Arkham City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

bluemeanie

Having seen pictures of Catwoman and Harley Quinn in this game I have decided that if you play this you are a sad lonely pathetic bastard who wanks over computer games and should be sickenened by themselves.

Or you know, after actually playing the first and seeing footage of the second I think it looks awesome and have it on pre-order.

One of the above definitely

davethomson

Quote from: bluemeanie on 26 September, 2011, 01:05:15 PM
Having seen pictures of Catwoman and Harley Quinn in this game I have decided that if you play this you are a sad lonely pathetic bastard who wanks over computer games and should be sickenened by themselves.

Or you know, after actually playing the first and seeing footage of the second I think it looks awesome and have it on pre-order.

One of the above definitely

I'm all of the above, har-har! :D

In all seriousness, the first game was awesome even though the detective vision was a bit of a crutch for the weaker gamer (ie: me). Very much looking forward to Arkham City, when I saw the trailer for Catwoman I leapt in the air and shouted "Hot Sauce!"
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Hoagy

I love the artwork above. It took me by surprise but its really nicely balanced.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Goaty

bluemeanie

Yeah, the bat vision thing was cool but it seemed a bit of a shame to use it too much as the game looked so stunning with it turned off

Minor quibble though

James Stacey

is it just me that thinks the first game was identical in gameplay to AssCreed ? Watching that trailer made me think 'oh cool you can destroy Borgia towers in this one too'
(This isn't a criticism and I'll be buying it no doubt )

Goaty

Quote from: bluemeanie on 26 September, 2011, 02:01:35 PM
Yeah, the bat vision thing was cool but it seemed a bit of a shame to use it too much as the game looked so stunning with it turned off

Minor quibble though

Yeah it was noticed as featured in Gamespot;

Rocksteady's art director David Hego described the new detective mode as an "augmented reality mode", and game director Sefton Hill has also stated that although enemies and evidence can be seen more clearly, the navigational part is toned down as they found that some players completed Arkham Asylum using detective mode almost throughout the entire game.

Ghastly McNasty

I loved the first game. Can't wait for the 2nd wooo hoooo

Satanist

I have been told that this is number 1 priority on my sons Xmas list.

So thats me sorted then :lol:

Oh and if you order from Tesco you can get free extra Joker maps.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

judge cooper

i have a demo and it looks sweet
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Goaty

judge cooper

judge cooper

oh and a couple of articles from play mag and games master

mogzilla

looks fine! i like a bit of free roaming will it beat the snot out of spider-man 2 tho:? graphically yep but gamewise?