Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

I like the latest figure offerings for this game especially the generals. Will need to save some hard earned pennies for them though as trying to save for lawless as well. Do much I want with so little finance 😔
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Swerty

I was hoping the Johnny Alpha staked out figure was going to get a release.

The Bissler

I made another Strontium Dog Miniatures Game battle report/fan fiction video. I hope that the love I have for the source material shines through!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUc1yx3kL2I&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3-xAAkhSjnnr4chXiK0bRjUd0lWccphyixQF7raGAONaCgoHUyW7Vq8D4

sheridan

The mutant army generals

Studs Boyce, General Armz, Evans the Fist, the Torso from Newcastle and not forgetting Clacton Fuzz!

Speaking of Clacton, I know his son's name is Frinton (the next town up the coast on the Tendring Peninsula from Clacton on Sea) but do I vaguely remember another Fuzz?  What was his name?  The obvious one would be Walton (after Walton-on-the-Naze).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 30 March, 2019, 10:36:43 AM
Speaking of Clacton, I know his son's name is Frinton (the next town up the coast on the Tendring Peninsula from Clacton on Sea) but do I vaguely remember another Fuzz?  What was his name?  The obvious one would be Walton (after Walton-on-the-Naze).

Yes, Walton appeared in Traitor to his Kind, and his uncle Shaggy debuted in the following story.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 March, 2019, 04:13:15 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 March, 2019, 10:36:43 AM

Yes, Walton appeared in Traitor to his Kind, and his uncle Shaggy debuted in the following story.

Thanks DJ - I did have a feeling that most but not all of them followed the same naming scheme (it's been a very long time since I lived in the region, but I don't recall there being a town or village called Shaggy in the environs of Clacton-on-Sea, Frinton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze).

moly

Sheridan think they renamed shaggy to jaywick in the 80,s

Leigh S

TordelBack

Ah-hah, finally an excuse to get Evans the Fist!

Trooper McFad

I dived in to pick up the Generals and the Kreelers. Still not finished the ones I have already as too busy with another project at the moment.
Then they are gonna hit us with the Dredd game in October I believe. The previews of some of the figures I've seen look fantastic.

TordelBack

Fired in an order while drunk and watching way too much of the House of C*nts fracas, but haven't received a confirmation email yet. Should I get on to Warlord, do you think?

Trooper McFad

Every time you be ordered I've got a confirmation email with my order no.
I would query (maybe check your junk mail just Incase)

TordelBack

Cheers McFad!  Mailed off a query and never heard back, and my order arrived anyway today..

Generals and Dervish Dogs are lovely stuff, although I am a bit perturbed about scale creep/variation.  I know his mini is on the small size, and I've no real problem with Johnny being a shortarse, but shorter than the Torso...?  That seems a bit extreme.

Anyhow, this latest purchase has inspired me to take a short break from painting Nurgley boils and tentacles and try out other forms of mutation.

Before I start, a quick question for Leigh, and anyone else who's been plugging away with the bristles: am I right in thinking you're snipping off the integral bases and gluing/pinning before basing? Any tips on how best to do that without cocking up the feet??

And as a follow-on, is there any point using the crappy Warlord bases, which annoyingly come in two varieties? I was tempted to go the washer route, but not if I'm going to be pinning...

Leigh S

I'm keeping the base, as I am not good with pinning! I gorilla glue the mini to the plasctic base (should be lipped?) and then use some polyfilla from poundland to fill in the gap and mask the minis metal base - then paint and GW texture paint (Agrellon Earth I think) to cover it all up!

TordelBack

Well yours look so damned good I assumed the integral bases were gone, so I think I'll follow your lead (both pronunciations)! I usually do a glue-and-sand base for my minis, but that's not incompatible. My starter came with lipped bases, but the Generals and I think the S/D Agents came with flat discs. 

I'm generally not inspired by the quality of the Warlord bases, I may sub in something from the bit box.