Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Although having watched a few more of his things, I think dyslexia may be a factor, so please ignore my bitching and THE IRONY.

Leigh S

Preordered all the preordery stuff, then realised I should ahve got two sets of the Build Your Own given there are many extra bits.... next time, with (I hope) a Malak Brood and zombies set, or a Durdee Clones set, or a Thing, Thang and Vicious Malicious Set, or a Slavers of Drule set, or a Papa-POrka and pirates set, or a Willy Blanko and gang set, or a Xen the Brainwraith/Sadan the Demonmaker/Charn-El set, or an Incident on Mayger Minor Set, or a Dragonheads/Ikan/Trapper Hag set....!

Greg M.

Painting up an Impetigo Jones at present - I'm so used to the 27mm scale popularised by Games Workshop (and used by the Mongoose / Warlord Dredds) that these proper 25mm miniatures seem awful small. Good authentically-detailed minis though. Looking forward to tackling Brute Mosely once I can get his hands / gun attached.

TordelBack

Was it you that wrote the Impetigo Jones solo story for Dogbreath some years back, Greg?  The Bubba gang look like the pick of the crop so far, so pics please, whenever you're ready!

Anyone caught wind of the likelihood of Morks yet? 

Greg M.

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 July, 2018, 04:41:40 PM
Was it you that wrote the Impetigo Jones solo story for Dogbreath some years back, Greg?

Yes, that was me - well remembered! As such, I had to make Impetigo the first of the minis I had a crack at. I'll stick up a pic when I've done what my limited talent allows!

Leigh S

Along with references to pirates, slavers and kreelers, morks get more than one mention, so I expect (nay demand!) we will see them in due course - maybe with Bubo and the Bad Boys?

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 July, 2018, 04:41:40 PM
Was it you that wrote the Impetigo Jones solo story for Dogbreath some years back, Greg?  The Bubba gang look like the pick of the crop so far, so pics please, whenever you're ready!

Anyone caught wind of the likelihood of Morks yet?

I, Cosh

The lure of free shipping was too much for me...
We never really die.

Leigh S

https://imgur.com/a/6TMtbaw

Not sure that will work - A WIP that needs more details, but happy so far, especially as he took a trip to the Dettol Lakes of Pownd World after my first attempt of undercoating failed....

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Greg M.

Leigh S

Cheers!

Slightly more done:

https://imgur.com/a/n9SNDIk

Slightly annoyingly, the scale of the goons and possibly the Weerds looks a bit larger than the rest fo the figures - not a problem when they are a bit apart I suppose, but odd none the less.

There is an Evans The Fist image doing the rounds labelled "Heroes of the Mutant War" or somesuch, so hopefully him, Torso, Clacton/Frinton Fuzz,... General Armz? 

Leigh S

Leigh S

TordelBack

Corr, that's a bit nice Leigh!  Yeah, Mutant Army Generals pack would be essential. Spud Murphy and Vince Scampi needed to round out the Outlaw gang too, I think. 

Reckon there's enough Fuzzes for their own pack: Clacton, Frinton, Walton and arguably the best of them all, Shaggy.  A Support pack would be good too: Teenage (General) Johnny, Billy Glum, Harvey and Precious Matson; maybe a Quarry pack would be more practical, King Clarkie, Vera Duckworth, Ronald Reagan and Adolphus Schicklgruber?

Goddamnit, I'm off to order the starter set now.

Greg M.

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 July, 2018, 06:02:00 PM
Goddamnit, I'm off to order the starter set now.

In fairness, you resisted about a week longer than I thought you would.