Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

yeah, I thnk young Johnny is a given in a Heroes of the Mutant War set - Good call on the support pack - Moses Quest! Scroggy and Ma Froggett! Sorry Bobbs!

Call me biased as a Stront fanatic, but there seems to be a lot more "use" to any miniatures you can think of for practical gaming purposes than the Dredd range, fun as it is to have a Kenny Who mini....

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 July, 2018, 06:02:00 PM
Corr, that's a bit nice Leigh!  Yeah, Mutant Army Generals pack would be essential. Spud Murphy and Vince Scampi needed to round out the Outlaw gang too, I think. 

Reckon there's enough Fuzzes for their own pack: Clacton, Frinton, Walton and arguably the best of them all, Shaggy.  A Support pack would be good too: Teenage (General) Johnny, Billy Glum, Harvey and Precious Matson; maybe a Quarry pack would be more practical, King Clarkie, Vera Duckworth, Ronald Reagan and Adolphus Schicklgruber?

Goddamnit, I'm off to order the starter set now.

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 28 July, 2018, 06:47:39 PM

In fairness, you resisted about a week longer than I thought you would.

Only because I've spent all my available money on Charley's War reprints!  I'm a goddamn license-holders dream, they may as well just pay me in Rebellion coupons.

TordelBack

Oooh yeah, gotta have the Froggetts!  Big Cynthia too, how could I forget her! Thinking about it, there's just such a fantastic range of stylistically consistent character designs to choose from - I'm amazed how seamlessly the post-Final Solution stuff fits in in my head, really opens things up I hope Warlord can see the value of minis that don't specifically serve a competitive game: objective pieces, like Reagan, NBK or Moses Quest, really add to something like this, otherwise I can see it being endless Stront-on-Stront fights.  And I do intend to play this.

I'd also like to see alternate sculpts for Wulf and Durham Red at some point.

But don't knock my Kenny Who? mini with, that's my pride and joy!

Leigh S

One word: Tanketto!

You're spot on about the style being so consistent and how that just adds to the desire to see as much as possible.

Wulf in gronk jerkin and Alpha in Mayger Minor Incident and Journey Into Hell outfits are musts!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Leigh S on 28 July, 2018, 07:44:27 PM
Wulf in gronk jerkin and Alpha in Mayger Minor Incident and Journey Into Hell outfits are musts!

Yeah, can't quite believe Wulf's not already in his jerkin!

I have to say, I think Alpha himself's one of the weakest of the sculpts so far...
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

yeah, DJ - the Alpha seemed odd - looks like they went with the Cliff Robinson stylings which are fine, but why not Carlos?

Had to Carlos him up a bit - again not quite finished and a bit of a struggle this one! I think he looks better with a bit of Carlos brown rather than the green and yellow, but that may be my taste!

TordelBack

Wow Leigh, those look sharp! Agree about Alpha, my guess is it's an early proof-of-concept model, possibly even a different sculptor, before they went full steam with the line an it settled down into solid Ezquerra loveliness.  But he still isn't half bad, and I've always liked a smaller leaner Johnny.  So to speak.  Still a damned sight better than many of the Dredd minis there have been, especially in terms of accurate gear and costume.

Dark Jimbo

Oh, yes indeed - it kills me that these come at a time when I just can't justify the expense, so I'll be sitting these out for the forseeable - but I just love that they exist. A Maeve the Many-Armed mini?! Weerd brothers? Blubberlips? Slabhead and his 'dogs'? Amazing.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Corr, that's a bit nice Leigh!  Yeah, Mutant Army Generals pack would be essential. Spud Murphy and Vince Scampi needed to round out the Outlaw gang too, I think. 

Reckon there's enough Fuzzes for their own pack: Clacton, Frinton, Walton and arguably the best of them all, Shaggy.  A Support pack would be good too: Teenage (General) Johnny, Billy Glum, Harvey and Precious Matson; maybe a Quarry pack would be more practical, King Clarkie, Vera Duckworth, Ronald Reagan and Adolphus Schicklgruber?

I'm waiting for Holland, Jawick and Point Clear (to appear in the comics), then we'll have an almost complete Tendring family!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 July, 2018, 07:13:56 PM
I hope Warlord can see the value of minis that don't specifically serve a competitive game: objective pieces, like Reagan, NBK or Moses Quest, really add to something like this

In the meantime, I'm not sure what scale this is:

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2018, 01:00:19 PM
I'm waiting for Holland, Jawick and Point Clear (to appear in the comics), then we'll have an almost complete Tendring family!

Wait, are you telling me there's no Shaggy in Tendring?  Outside of TOWIE, I mean.

As to Reagan, I wonder if we could one day stretch to a whole line of 2000AD-world US Presidents.  We've just had Washington in The Order, then there's the Mt Rushmore "Not the teeth!" version of  Jimmy Carter, SD's Reagan, Dredd's Clinton Box and Bill Clinton, Dan Franciscobama, Zombo's Mr. President/Dredd's President Booth, JFK must have been in half a dozen Time Twisters/Future Shocks... and surely we've had the Bushes in some form too?  Maniac 5, maybe?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2018, 02:39:05 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2018, 01:00:19 PM
Wait, are you telling me there's no Shaggy in Tendring?  Outside of TOWIE, I mean.

No idea what you're talking about, but the others are all costal towns on the Tendring Peninsula (I'm counting Harwich as its own thing).

Leigh S

The Thrill Mail has a cometition to win a mental miniature!  Sadly, I click on the link and it just reis to open a new tab ratehr than set up an email - anyone know what I'm supposed to do/who I am supposed to email?  press@2000AD.com maybe?  HELP!

Frank

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 August, 2018, 11:00:21 PM
The Thrill Mail has a cometition to win a mental miniature!  Sadly, I click on the link and it just reis to open a new tab ratehr than set up an email - anyone know what I'm supposed to do/who I am supposed to email?  press@2000AD.com maybe?  HELP!

http://www.2000ad.com/thrillmail

Leigh S

Cheers Frank, but signed up already and have the thrill mail. When I click the "enter now" button it just whirs up a new tab and nothing happens - a Firefox problem maybe?

Quote from: Frank on 01 August, 2018, 11:09:17 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 01 August, 2018, 11:00:21 PM

http://www.2000ad.com/thrillmail