Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Alpha was the first miniature I ever painted, 30 years ago! Long since misplaced, unfortunately. Since I just started painting mini's again this year, the timing is very good.

I doubt I'll have the opportunity to fit a new skirmish game into my rotation, so the question is: am I going to drop 50 quid just for a bunch of Strontium Dog miniatures?

I mean, *I* know the answer, I'm just throwing it out there.

sheridan

Something I don't understand - the big £140 bundle doesn't seem to contain more than you get if you buy the starter kit plus all the figures that are also in the bundle (in fact you're paying about £30 more, unless I'm missing something).

Trooper McFad

The Big Bundle has been reduced to £120 as they had calculated the bundle wrong! (I got a refund of £20  :))- but overall its not a bargain buying all together. If I had waited they may have had a sale in 6/9 months time then I might have scored. But not getting previous versions from other sellers (War games Foundary had a great range which you can still see but now can't sell them) I wanted these so splashed the cash.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

They really need to do a Hitler and Hitler with Sternhammer silencer, then bundle it up with some German troops, release Big Cynthia et al, and voila - best skirmish scenario ever!

Leigh S

Got it this morning - a great looking package and the books are really well put together - loads of beautiful Carlos art presented in a very dynamic way. May take some photos later if anyone wants to see

Also good to see what miniatures are likely to be due - Bubo and the bad boys, Fly's Eyes Wagner, Darkus and the Howlers, Kansyr, Steelkreig!

I now need to get my old wargmnes foundry minis down form the loft and have a mass painting

TordelBack

Spiro and Gyro!  Maeve the Many-Armed!  Kid-Knee!  This is fantastic stuff! 

But yeah, where's Schicklgruber?  A few Kreelers would be nice too. 

Leigh, if you had any of the Mongoose/Warlord Dredd figures handy, I'd love to see a comparison - could be a valuable source of alternate mooks, marks, droids and Little Friends of Dennis.

Trooper McFad

Got mine aswell this morning as had to go and pick it up at the post office. Overall very impressed with all the content. Will probably splash the cash on the future sets.
It would be good if they did a paint set as they have with their Zombies sets. This would be a big help for novices like myself who haven't painted figures for a good few years 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Will do!

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 July, 2018, 11:42:26 AM
Spiro and Gyro!  Maeve the Many-Armed!  Kid-Knee!  This is fantastic stuff! 

But yeah, where's Schicklgruber?  A few Kreelers would be nice too. 

Leigh, if you had any of the Mongoose/Warlord Dredd figures handy, I'd love to see a comparison - could be a valuable source of alternate mooks, marks, droids and Little Friends of Dennis.

Trout

I want those model stuff of the Bubba gang so badly that it's making my eyes hurt.

Tell me not to buy them. Pleeeeease.

Leigh S

Lets see if this works....There are definite scale issues between those lovely old GW ones, the hulking WF ones and now Warlords, though as you (should be able to) see, mixing and matching isnt too mad

https://imgur.com/a/yliXhyh

Leigh S

Leigh S

Added a Mongoose Dredd to the end to show that Mongoose/Warlord Dredd seem to be fine - weirdly, both the Torso and Evans the Fist from Wargames Foundry look a lot better match as well (though theya re in their boxes, so hard to compare - pic added though!).  Red is crouched down, but looks way too big

TordelBack

That's great Leigh, many thanks!  Completely missed that they have integral bases, like proper miniatures should.

Steve Green

TordelBack

Heh, that video!  There's rushing out new news content, and then there's not reading any of the material you're commenting on in advance, nor even having your reading glasses with you by the sound of it...

There's just no way I'm going to escape spending investing wasting money on this, is there?