Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Okay - not an entirely new picture....a reworking.  My 6 year old daughter pointed out that my earlier version of this didn't really look like Ventress. 

So, have changed the head, shortened the character, moved her torso, re-outlined and re-cropped.

Hopefully an improvement (my daughter was happier at least.....kids!).

Cheers

Simon

Woolly

All kinds of Dredd awesomeness going on here!

Matt - dont see any perspective problems on that Dredd myself. Absolutely spot on.
Also i want to ask, (and i hope i'm not being too nosy), but is there a reason you havent been in the prog yet?

I only ask because i know you've done some 'proper' comics work, you're a freelance artist (i think!), and your works frikkin' amazing!

Is it a case of not submitting anything, or they dont pay enough, or...?

Again, apologies if i'm being a bit nosy! (I do have a very big nose!)

chris_askham

Johnny Alpha. Had a bit of trouble with the right arm and gun, but quite pleased with the rest...

CrazyFoxMachine

The Legendary Shark

This was intended for the " You have 15 minutes to draw Dredd's Head - minus the helmet" thread but I got so into it that by the time I looked up an hour had passed, rendering me ineligible. I thought I'd put it here instead so that more talented people can mock me and titter.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

*It took me a lot more than an hour - I should've said, "after an hour had passed I decided to finish it and post it here." The mock and titters part's right, though.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

This is a great image Legendary Shark. You've caught the brutal, soul destroying toll that must be exacted on the Judges and cleverly used Dredd's hand to cover his face and re inforce the gritty man on the edge look. Smart thinking!

Nice gun arm Chris Askham and the rest of Johnny Alpha's looking  good too.  
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Darren Stephens

Some really nice images here. I particularly like Chris' S.D pic. Great version of the character!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Matt Timson

Quote from: Woolly on 11 February, 2011, 09:20:18 PM
All kinds of Dredd awesomeness going on here!

Matt - dont see any perspective problems on that Dredd myself. Absolutely spot on.
Also i want to ask, (and i hope i'm not being too nosy), but is there a reason you havent been in the prog yet?

I only ask because i know you've done some 'proper' comics work, you're a freelance artist (i think!), and your works frikkin' amazing!

Is it a case of not submitting anything, or they dont pay enough, or...?

Again, apologies if i'm being a bit nosy! (I do have a very big nose!)

No problem.  There's several reasons that are all pretty much tied into work in general.  For a start, I always seem to be too busy to do any samples.  Feeble, but true.  I've never been in a big hurry to submit samples anywhere, to be honest- and I only showed my portfolio to an editor for the first time last year- and even that was just because I thought I should (Vertigo were reviewing portfolios at Bristol and I was going anyway, so...).

Generally speaking, 2000ad seems to cram more onto a page than American comics do- which isn't a reason in itself not to do it, but it is something that I have to think about when factoring in time-for-money and deadlines.  I'm not that fast an artist and I work in a very convoluted and time consuming way (a habit I'm trying to break, by the way), so an extra two or three panels in a page can make a big difference to me.

All that said, I'd love to do a Dredd strip one day- just because I'd like to be able to say that I'd done it- which is why I'm always tinkering with designs in the odd quiet moments that I get between working, having children use my face as a trampoline, and allowing myself to get annoyed by stupid people on the internet.  I don't think Tharg would let me loose on Dredd without going the FS route, though (which is fair enough).
Pffft...

chris_askham

I'd pay good money to see some Timson in the prog.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, IAMTHESYSTEM, that's very kind of you :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Cpt Rhodes

I haven't put anthing up for a while so here's a panel hot off the drawing table today.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Malicious

Malicious
www.malicious.com.au