Main Menu

Prog 2107 - Hostile Takeover!

Started by Magnetica, 10 November, 2018, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Dredd as we already know is reshaping the dreddverse, here is an interview with Rob Williams related to The Small House: https://doomrocket.com/rob-williams-small-house-interview/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

As I already mentioned on the 'TPO: Missing Chapters' thread — I think that interview is quite spoilery. Approach with caution...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 November, 2018, 09:29:28 PM
I've been getting my sub prog in the post on a Thursday for the last month. S'not fair.

You're lucky. Mine at best comes the Friday after it's in the newsstands and often not till it's left the newsstands.

Definately something has changed with how the subs are being handled.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

Well everything's just tickety-boo this week. What a comic.

And despite the giants around whose epic ankles it scurries, my favourite bit of the prog was in Intestinauts: "The wash never came...  We have not been used as directed". That's a line - and concept - worthy of Wagner, Moore or Mills,  and true to the noble heritage of 2000AD. There's also little I enjoy more than full-page in-universe ads.  Top marks all round.

I'm a little torn about this week's Dredd: Dirty Frank is the element I enjoy most from the Williams stable, so I was lapping up the backstory... but at the same time, the inciting incident seemed a bit...  prosaic?

For those wondering why a covert kill team rather than just welcoming willing defectors,  it's because Smiley wanted the intelligence for himself. By this stage, a few years post-Cal, he's well established in his role of Knowing Best, and like Edgar already more interested in hoarding his nuggets than spending them.

norton canes

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 November, 2018, 12:19:59 AM
despite the giants around whose epic ankles it scurries, my favourite bit of the prog was in Intestinauts: "The wash never came...  We have not been used as directed". That's a line - and concept - worthy of Wagner, Moore or Mills,  and true to the noble heritage of 2000AD. There's also little I enjoy more than full-page in-universe ads.  Top marks all round

Uncannily, I was just coming on here to add that my favourite couple of moments in the prog were both from Intestinauts: the 'PLACE TONGUE HERE TO ODER' patch, and the line "Disgusting! Imagine such pacifism inside you!" 

Agreed, the ad was a real flashback to the early days of 2000 AD.

norton canes

And now I discover that putting the letter 'S' in square brackets is not a good thing.