Main Menu

Batman : Arkham Asylum

Started by bluemeanie, 29 June, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Can't continue, must start all over again since I decided to register online with Games Live and I think it reinstalled while I was about proceed with my battle with Bane.

Not to worry, the game isn't that boring actulley.

I won't mind playing again.

I gotta say, I love the WayneTech concept with the artwork provided and all th e stuff with the character bios, recorder interveiwed with the incarcerated villains, character trophies, Riddles that I don't entirely understand yet.

Mattofthespurs

Managed to bag this off eBay for £6.
Looking forward to playing this when it arrives.
Early Xmas pressie for myself.  ;D

Pete Wells

You'll love it Matt. This, and Assassin's Creed 2, have been the games of the year for me.

ThryllSeekyr

[Spoiler]Riddler's Challenges are interesting. I am having problems matching up a question mark with the dot after climbing two balconey's on Arkam West. I think it's the other side of the Penitary building.[/spoiler]

I've also had lots of fun with the LIVE download content. I think they provided me with two extra challenges....

Nocturnal Hunter

Score:7:17:93

Last Man Standing

Ranking 27185, Score 5700

The challenge that came with the regular game.

Intencive Treament.

Played these missons until the spacebar stopped working.

ThryllSeekyr

Despite what I said earlier. I am loving this game for it's merits as a sneak around... on the roof tops, guard towers, in the ventilation ducts, finding trophies and solving riddles.

Yeah, I love the Freeflow combat system.

There is something very satisfying about Batman's enviromental analysis when you've correctly solved a riddle.

Still some of those are eluding me, but thats half the fun.

Concerning the LIVE content I was wondering if anybody knew much about that. Since I registered, Alittle box appaers everynow and then up in the upper right hand corner. Telling me I have been awarded for passing some unknown test. Like having the most unprecendented amount of airtime using the batglide.

I lept off the the tallest clock tower in south Arkam. I jumped off the highest ledge facing the water and glided round to the other side landing near the entrance to the manshion and there was that little box blinking on and off.

I don't know what they all amount to, but I have noticed four icons that are hard to make out exactly on my LIVE profile.

They look like badges--we don't need no stinking badges--, but I'm not sure what they symbolise exactly.

By the way, my username is MICKALIVE. Yah, all the good ones were taken.

I was wondering if Batman ever gets accessed on his actions. For instance, I recall leaving three of those thugs hanging from the stone gargoyles after I cleared the sanitarim. After crawling more than halfway back through the ventilation ducts.  I then decided go back to go back and cut them down. I don't really don't Batman would torture anybody like that.

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

bluemeanie

Was always gonna happen and loving the implications that it'll be a free roamer around Gotham.

Gonna be at least a year though  :(

uncle fester

True. Still, nice to know it wasn't a one-off game...

So what would you like to see in the new one? In a twisted way I'd like the puzzles element (should it return), to be more difficult. I preferred the thinking/detection stuff to running around picking up question mark trophies. And they can leave out the handily placed maps telling you where to look.

And it'd be nice if the Scarecrow came back, those bits more mental.

bluemeanie

I just hope they dont lever in a driving level as I think that would detract from it.

Wouldnt mind seeing a few good guy cameos about the city. Throw in a Superman flyby or something.

Noisybast

Bookmarked! Looking forward to seeing new content appear on that site.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ThryllSeekyr

There's whole bunch of little improevemnt I'd like to see with anyth folowup to this game.

Looking on th website it self, I wouldn't known about this.

Thanks for the heads up :D.

ThryllSeekyr

Finally defeated Bane

It's easy once you know how:)

GordonR

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 December, 2009, 10:39:07 AM
Finally defeated Bane

It's easy if you've played any other computer game in the last 10 years.

Fixed that for you.