Main Menu

Dr Who Christmas 2010.....

Started by Buddy, 25 December, 2010, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Go on then.. it's been an hour since it finished and no comments!!??

Only half watched it through after dinner nap and setting up a computer, will watch in full later.

So... opinions please.....

pauljholden

Thought it was great. Didn't really understand exactly what happened with regards to the crashing spaceship [spoiler](saved by the power of Katherine Jenkins lungs?)[/spoiler] but really loved it a lot. Clever way to doing a Christmas Carol without doing a Christmas Carol (while, at the same time, doing a Christmas Carol)

And next season looks ace.

(Also: it was amazing in HD)

nev

Was this freezing people for loans etc not a twoothy tale? Definately rings a bell.

M.I.K.

There's very little to moan about for a change. That's why nobody's saying anything.

DrRocka

I wasn't keen. To be honest, I don't get the whole "abandoning the laws of causality" nonsense that seems to be paramount since Moffat took the reins (you can come back to life by being remembered?).
My son loves it though, and I do seem to be in a minority, so fair enough.
Never ever bloody anything ever

noodles

Flying sharks -tres twoothy.

Karen Gillan back in short-skirted copper uniform.

Jenkins, take or leave. Gambon was excellent.

What more could one want?

Almost as good as the Van Gogh episode.

Mike Carroll

Mostly enjoyed it. The performances were great, but I just didn't get why [spoiler]Abigail had to die. Why couldn't the Doctor go back in time to prevent her illness or whatever it was that ailed her? I mean, he had no problems mucking about with Dumbledore's time-line. Also, he could have gone back to before the ship got into trouble and told the captain not to take that route... And how did they know how many days Abigail had left to live?[/spoiler]

-- Mike

mogzilla

loved it... a nice take on the christmas carol un shamelessy doing so ,,loved the dr realising what he said and the penny dropping

the christmas future [spoiler]being little fellas rather than gambon's was inspired[/spoiler]

Buttonman

Dune Sharks married with 'The Forever Crimes' - enjoyable stuff!

Christov

Causality mess ups can be resolved through the sheer fact of wibbly wobbly timey wimey, and lets face it guys, this is family television not a scientific presentation. Not to mention it fucking well beats running up and down corridors as a way of progressing the plot.

Gambon was stellar, Smith was weird and energetic, and Katherine Jenkins was the best piece of eye candy this series has ever seen. The cinematography and art design was astounding, and the direction was some of the most competent work I've seen in Nu Who.

M.I.K.

Yup. Can't remember the programme looking nicer than that.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Absolutely brilliant, and the best Christmas special we have had with New Who. Katherine Jenkins managed to outshine Karen Gillan back in short skirt. Very sentimental, but in a good way and it is Christmas after all.

Robin Low

It's either this or go into a room on your own and invent a new screwdriver. Don't make my mistake.

Regards

Robin

Kerrin

Best Christmas special yet and next season looks ace.

Richmond Clements

What I love is that Smith's Doctor is is best, coolest big brother the children watching could ever hope for. And when he's talking to the children in the show, like the I know Santa speech 'Keep the faith', he is absolutely talking right to any children watching at home.