Main Menu

The Thin Ice Awards

Started by Roger Godpleton, 15 December, 2008, 01:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

Just nick it Buttonman, Godpleton has clearly abandoned this thread in the woods to die...

Django Zoon wuz robbed!

Dog Deever

I haven't posted that much this year, but I've been lurking and reading.

Boarder:
1) The insanity that is 'Buttonman'- when faced with the loss of the message board- he simply plonked the letters entertain you thread right into 2000adreview- dedication! He can borrow ma sheep-shaggin' wellies any day!
2) Jim Campbell- not only responsible for the latest run of the Art thread, but his four letter rants make me laugh out loud.
3) I can't decide on this- there are so many who make me laugh, amaze me with their knowledge of not only 2k and comics, but other stuff too, and show hidden talents that they're working away on in the background.

Thread:
1) Got to be the 'thin-ice' thread.
2) The poogate scandal- that showed a unity compassion and goodwill to those who feed us our thrills (even if we sometimes seem harsh) as well as mad arse-wiping shenanigans. Shock, disgust, loyalty and a happy ending- it had it all.
3) I was going to go for the obvious Letters, but the case of J.S. vs Dark Dick was awesomely entertaining- even if I didn't catch it til the dust was settling.

So honourable mentions to the Letters thread and (it goes without saying) the continuous use of the Womens Underware thread!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

I, Cosh

Top boarders:

Jim Campbell. For dedication and motivation.
DXB. For castigation.
ThryllSeeker. For sheer perspiration: I've never managed to get to the end of one of his posts, but I love them anyway.

Top Threads:

I'd forgotten all about bumsex girl, but it has to be Letters Us Entertain You. All other threads pale into insignificance beside its majesty. That's coming from someone who's read two whole chapters of Django Zoon.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Voting's over assholes. I'll count it up in a bit.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Here are the weiners (see what I did there? I am just so fucking great.)

BOARDER OF THE YEAR

1. JIM CAMPBELL

2. Buttonman

3. Godpleton

THREAD OF THE YEAR

1. SPEED DATING

2. Writing to Tharg 2008

3. This Forum

Enjoy your awards, I hope you all choke on them. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gw0oF5eFeo
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

You've done a good job, Godpleton. Cheers for going to the trouble. Sorry I was too lazy to have given any nominations for best message boarder. For what it's worth, I'd have placed Tordelback in first. And Dog Deever - I'd put him up there with the best of them. And everyone else is pretty good too.
STRIKE !!!

Buttonman

2 runner up spots = overall champion. my earlier shameful clims are justified!  :shock:

Well played Jim, a worthy winner and holder of the readers' art torch. And bum sex too, I bow to your majesty.

Proudhuff

The bumsex girl thread... how did it all end?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

One way or another, it was a pain in the arse for someone.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "TordelBack"One way or another, it was a pain in the arse for someone.

http://www.instantrimshot.com/
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

JamesC

Hooray, I won an award! :D

Unfortunately I never got the bumsex. The quest continues...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Godpleton"1. JIM CAMPBELL

Blimey. Ermm ... Thank you.

It must be said, I do feel like something of a fraud - I don't think anyone would have thought twice if I hadn't had a massive, self-pitying whine a few weeks back. Let that be a lesson to you, runners-up!

Seriously, though: my contribution is hardly in the same league as the Mighty Amstor Computer's version of the compo and I didn't even think of it this time around (was it Dark Jimbo who first suggested reviving the comps?).

Anyway, thanks for the kind thought. Pretty much everyone here contributes to what I believe is one of the best forums on the internet ... you've all kept me just about the right side of sane at various times this year, and it's you who deserve the thanks.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.