Main Menu

The Thin Ice Awards

Started by Roger Godpleton, 15 December, 2008, 01:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I'm running an awards show NO MATTER WHAT. These are for Outstanding Acheivement in the Field of Excellence on this messageboard. Here be the categories.

Messageboarder of the Year

Thread of the Year

You can give 1,2,3s or just one winner or even just two.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Proudhuff

Couldn't say for messenger, but the Thread of the year has to go to the 'Writing to Tharg 2008' one. The work, the scandal, the shame of it all!!

I would put forward my 'Nazi's on the Moon' thread as it lead to the final solution for P Wolf, but I'm too modest :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Message Boarder of the Year :

1) Jim Campbell for organising the art comps
2) bolt 01 for realising my dream of winning an art comp (assists count!)
3) Godpleton for his funny votes and because he may ice pick me if he fails to get a nod.

Thread of the year:

1) This forum 14 pages following Matt's 'thin ice' statement.

2) A Message From the Writer of stalag 666 : 'Poo-Gate' enraged and entertained in equal measures. Sorry Tony.

3)September art Compo In a year of great art threads I liked the deaths one best (that was my idea!).

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Peter Wolf

Wot NO Most Hated + reviled boarder category ?

I am disappointed.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

satchmo

Message Boarder of The Year:
1 Jim Campbell
2 Godpleton
3 Buttonman

Thread of The Year:
1 Django Zoon-The Straightener
2 Bumsex Girl
3 Poogate

2008, we hardly knew ye...

TordelBack

Boarder of the Year:

1.  Wake - even while the message board was torn down around us, he kept the home fires burning.
2.  Campbell - inclusivist reanimator of the art comps.
3.  Buttonman - all round sarky loon.  Thank grud he's not my landlord.

HM:  Godpleton, for his incessant Polling of the Squaxx (that's almost certainly a poem by Lewis Carroll).

Thread of the Year:

1.  Letters Us Entertain You/Writing to Tharg 2008.
2.  Speed Dating / Bumsex Girl.  I laughed and laughed some more.
3.  October Art Comp.  They were all brill, but this was outstanding.

I was going to nominate the Space Maths/Population of MC-1 thread, but to my horror discovered it was from 2007...  where does the time go?

House of Usher

I'll put in a vote for the Speed Dating thread. I could justify it in a million different ways, but that would be boring. Suffice it to say, it encompasses many of the pressing concerns and preoccupations of society de notre temps, starting with the crisis of authenticity and working outwards from there.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

boarder of the year :

1:Jim campbell

2:Tordelback

3:House of Usher

Very special honorary mention goes to Buttonman and Wake and Julian Hall and Matt.

Theres more of you but i dont make the rules here.

Thread of the year

1:django zoon

2:Poogate

3:This forum
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Pete Wells

Boarder of the Year: Buttonman for his letters madness and his W film lunacy.

Honourably mensh - Jim C for the Art Comps.

Thread of the year - Letterusentertainyou just beats Speed Dating (which woulda won if James had got the bumsex in question) and I have to say how much I love the 3D models and the art comps threads too.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Get in!

That's this year's mast head sorted.Thank you for all the support given over the year that made this illustrious award possible. We hope to continue with out worthless piffle right up until the bailiffs repossess our laptop. Keep sending them in and keep the dream (of getting letters published) alive.

Buttonman

Oh wait, in Michael 'Artist of the millenium' Jackson style I've accepted an award that wasn't being awarded. Pete's votes were so eloquently delivered that I thought that they were the totals rather than his own musings. Never mind the mast head's done and by god it will be raised.

Well if the subs dept sober up some time soon...

Pete Wells