Main Menu

Vincent

Started by sheridan, 14 January, 2019, 10:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I'm not aware that he's spent any time on the forum, but many UK convention goers will know Vincent Mallia from his cosplaying.

He has recently suffered a stroke and is in hospital.  He's in a bad way.  His sister is going to discuss his condition with the consultants today.  If you know him and want any more information, PM me and I can give a few more details.

sheridan

facebook post here, visible to friends of friends.

Rackle

I'm wishing for a miracle here so that Vincent will be able to recover. Sending love and hope.

sheridan

For anybody who does know Vincent, here's an update.

As he is now breathing on his own, the doctors will be taking him off of the ventilator.  This doesn't mean that he has regained consciousness.  In the hours after coming off the ventilator he could have a cardiac arrest or any number of other complications.  His sister has asked the doctors to delay taking him off the ventilator until Thursday morning to give everybody one last chance to visit tomorrow (Wednesday 16th January)

Intensive Care, 1st floor
National Hospital For Neurology and Neurosurgery
Queen Square
London
WC1N 3BG

Visiting hours are from 12:00 until 19:00.  Only two visitors allowed at a time, so if you visit in a large group be aware that you'll have to take turns going in.

sheridan

Just had a text from Julie (Vince's sister).

The tube is out
vince is breathing but very laboured
I've been told it is the beginning of the end and sadly could be hours or days at most. I'm happy if anyone wants to pop by but you'd have to be tough stuff
I don't want people crying in front of him, any suggestion of music you think he'd like that I can play to him to lighten the atmosphere would be appreciated.

sheridan

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Vincent Mallia this evening in the presence of his family.

Vince's family wish me to thank all who visited him in hospital and also all who left messages and good wishes, all of which were read out by his bedside.

His family have asked to be given privacy in their time of grief, though rest assured that any memories you leave will be collected and passed on at a later date.

Eamonn Clarke

Sorry to hear that, Sheridan.
Our condolences to family and friends.
A loss to the 2000AD community. :(

IAMTHESYSTEM

Awful news. Condolences to Vincent's family and the many friends he had.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Funeral details as follows.

Vince's funeral will be on Friday 8th February at 2pm at St Marylebone Crematorium, East End Road, London N2 0RZ, and you're in invited to join family and friends for a drink afterwards at the Devonshire Arms, 33 Kentish Town Road, Camden NW1 8NL.

The family have requested no flowers (wouldn't really be Vince's style anyway).
Donations to the Stroke Association can be made at Just Giving