Main Menu

Did I dream this?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 15 May, 2010, 06:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

Early on in my reading of 2000ad there was a series called Janus psi, written I think, by Alan Grant. between my paper round ending and getting my first proper job I had to take a small break from the Prog and when I came back Janus was nowhere to be seen.

Within one of the stories I read there seemed to be an indication that Psi Division was up to something very dodgy that the rest of Justice Department would come down on them like a tonne of bricks for. I think there was even a scene where the head of the Division contemplated having to silence Janus if she came to close to revealing the truth.

I haven't thought about this for years but it just poped into my head while rading the Psi Files. So my question is, did I dream it, or did it actually happen. And if it did, was there a resolution during my brief hiatus or was it just dropped?
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

willthemightyW

I think it was Janus: Psi division. Was she bald? I think she was but I'm not sure, I know she was in Dredd first and then got her own strip.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

willthemightyW

Was she this kind of ditsy dizzy type girl?
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Mike Gloady

Incredibly annoying and quietly dropped. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

willthemightyW

yeh, I think I read it in a prog or something that my dad had and passed on to me, oh to be born in the seventies. Still, I'm chuffed with my generation.

Mike Gloady

Hey, I was born in the 70s.  Didn't make me cool, so think on.  Plus I'm 35, and that's definitely on the old side of young rather than the young side of old.  So there.  Think about THAT.  Eh?

Where's my slippers?

willthemightyW

haha, I guess you're right.

worldshown

Not a dream, but the story itself is about an exam that takes place whilst Janus is sleeping.

Prog 953, House of Sighs by Grant Morrison and Maggie Knight.

Paul faplad Finch

So I got the writer wrong then? Good to know I'm not going mad anyway. Cheers
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nowt wrong with being born in the 70s
Lock up your spoons!

Mike Gloady

Grant Morrison?  I thought it was Millar, but if I must be wrong, at least I'm not VERY wrong. 

COMMANDO FORCES

Here she is, from the 2000AD Collectables site.

Jared Katooie

I think someone owes an apology to Alan Grant.

House of Usher

Quote from: fapladDid I dream this?

Nope. There really was an election, there wasn't a clear winner, and a volcanic eruption in Iceland meant a lot of flights were cancelled for safety reasons.
STRIKE !!!

Paul faplad Finch

Come on Usher, now you're just being ridiculous
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read