Main Menu

JUNE ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 July, 2014, 12:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

THIRD PLACE - SHAOLIN MONKEY

SECOND PLACE - JAMES NEWELL

FIRST PLACE - MARTINTDS

What a month - you all rose to the challenge FANTASTICALLY but the stand-out winner who caused a voting landslide was the brilliant MartinTDS who re-imagined Dekker's tragic end so majestically. Remember you can find out about those behind the pictures and more over on the comp Facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp

THARG'S CHOICE goes to Allistermac's reiteration of the event that makes Simon Pegg weep...

Our DROID'S CHOICE this month will come from heavyweight comicslord GLENN FABRY and I'll add it in here when he's chosen. NO PRESSURE EVERYONE - but Mr Fabry is judging you as we speak....

This comp would be nowt without you lot and I can't wait to see what you do with the next theme!

ZenArcade

Excellent stuff, well done to the top three and indeed all other entrants. This is as ever one of the most interesting and dynamic threads on the forum (after Mings lego thread) Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Fungus

Well done Martin, and thanks CFM as always. Always get a kick out of the comp  :)

Mr Fabry has always been my most favouritest droid, too. I'm always saying it.....

shaolin_monkey

Wow, I never would have dreamt my little jokey piece would prove so popular, especially considering the amazing art, concept, and execution of everyone else's work.  Thanks everyone, you've made my night!

I'm also very pleased to see my choice for no.1 getting first place too!  An epic bit of work, and a great idea.

allistermac

Thank you very much Tharg and congratulations to the top 3. Looking forward to the Droid's choice, Glenn Fabry is one of the greatest artists of all time in my humble opinion.

allistermac

Thank you very much Tharg and congratulations to the top 3. Looking forward to the Droid's choice, Glenn Fabry is one of the greatest artists of all time in my humble opinion.

allied72

well done Martin, great piece. Keep up the excellent work CFM

Martintds

Thanks all for your votes. Absolutely thrilled and very humbled to win this month. Glenn Fabry eh ?? Gulp. Huge shout out also to CFM for all his hard work organising this competition month after month. Top man.

judgerufian

Thanks for another great comp this month to all who entered, all who looked and voted and to CFM for organising!

Link Prime

Cheers CFM, and thanks to all,

Congrats Marty!  :thumbsup:

judgerufian

And congrats to the winners too!

james newell

well done to all, well deserving winner, good job Martintds.

j

CrazyFoxMachine

From Glenn Fabry:

QuoteSome really wonderful work here from all the responsible art robots, but we have to go with éclat thump by daveycandlish for bringing up memories of the goodies for no reason whatsoever. Borag thumb!

Steve Green

Why the Tour de France went for Yorkshire rather than Lancashire...

8-Ball

Well done everyone who entered. A sterling effort from all of you. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.