Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 08 May, 2010, 03:13:25 PM
forty the age of enlightenment!
i am personally of the age of knowing the answer to life the universe and everything.

which i believe to be 42! and i must admit my recent day off, did feel like it was the answer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAPS! a fine vintage year it was 1970 it would seem.

Cheers for that DD  :)

House of Usher

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 09 May, 2010, 02:41:16 PM

That's a really nice Gundam Robot you got there.  ;)

And Mogz - really glad to hear your news. I just knew you'd be okay. Great to have it confirmed.
:)
STRIKE !!!

Kerrin

Started shifting some stuff on eBay to alleviate my financially shit situation and some guy just payed the buy it now price for 4 items within minutes of them being listed. Excellent, but I also have the feeling I could have got more for them. Still, 200% profit ain't bad.

TordelBack

EBay's a funny thing alright.  My missus has spent her unpaid maternity leave selling our unworldly goods to make ends meet, and some of the prices she's got for utter tat are fascinating - €30 for an old B&W postcard, €10 for a used Star Trek: Generations  phonecard, and my personal favourite, €20 for a Ben10 cover for a kids' inflatable bed which we had just bought for €10 (but didn't want the cover).  The one thing she can't seem to shift are my less-essential GNs, thank Grud.

Kerrin

I know, I find it fascinating the stuff that will sell TB.

I've got a lovely Easton Press, leatherbound and signed edition of the "The Mote in God's Eye" on there, which if it goes will be wonderful, but at the same time I'll be sad to see the beautiful thing disappear from my bookshelves. I'm starting with the nice, big money editions and I'll work my way down. I've managed to acquire so much extraneous crap over the years it's actually a relief to start getting shot of some of it.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I spent the entire day yesterday sitting on a beach in Newcastle (Australia), reading a book, taking an occasional brake to have a bit of a swim.
Now if only I could manage to get this surfboard to fly.

COMMANDO FORCES

Jesus Christ Gavin, that reading must be hard work, if you have to take a break now and again. I bet you are missing the rain  ;)

Buttonman

EBay is great when it's running for you - I made a fortune off 'Eerie Indiana' and 'Escape to Victory' when they were unavailable here. On the debit side I couldn't turn a buck on imported Japenese t-shirts when  they seemed liked solid gold. I guess it's just like shares and gambling when it comes to making money. Once you've paid commission and Paypal good luck in having anything left to eat.

On the drokking fantastic front I've made £100 playing Omaha Hi-Lo on my week off - anyone want to convince the wife on the career change?

Peter Wolf

Ebay is perverse sometimes.

I had to part with an item on Ebay that was worth 50 to 80 quid for 8 quid and it was painful letting it go but i didnt want to risk getting negative feedback.A very similar item sold for this much and got lots of bids as well just a few days before my auction.

Another item i had to let go for 99p when it was worth a lot more than that.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 10 May, 2010, 03:49:59 AM
Ebay is perverse sometimes.

I had to part with an item on Ebay that was worth 50 to 80 quid for 8 quid and it was painful letting it go but i didnt want to risk getting negative feedback.A very similar item sold for this much and got lots of bids as well just a few days before my auction.

Another item i had to let go for 99p when it was worth a lot more than that.

But think of the person buying it I know how it feels to get something for a fraction of its worth off eBay there's at least 20 transformers in my collection I would not have afforded if I had not got them at such a steal. why you get something you throt you could never afford on eBay for a tiny price it just makes your weak I'm still in a hyper happy mood about getting a galaxy force Starscream for £17 when it was worth at least £70 and that was 3 months ago or the G1 reflector MIB got it for £60 when it can easily go for £174. But its not all good for buyers I hate rip off shipping that ovious to hi to cover there loses  like £57 to send a missile its when you get rip off artists like that that's worse.

Also there's the people who sell you knockoff stuff or thing missing parts which they don't tell you about and when you go to complain they don't give a responds or the people who uses a Picher they get off google imagines and don't bother atachily taking a photo of the item your buying so you end up with something that got a broken part which you would have seen if they had taken a god dam photo.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

SuperSurfer

Truly drokkinlgy fantastic news mogzilla! So glad to hear it.

Larf and Something Fishy – hope you had good ones. (Jeez, am I the oldest on this board?)

Rog69

My nine month old daughter took her first steps yesterday, four of them, when trying to get to the TV remote (her most coveted item).

mogzilla

Quote from: Rog69 on 10 May, 2010, 10:26:29 PM
My nine month old daughter took her first steps yesterday, four of them, when trying to get to the TV remote (her most coveted item).
excellent! mine did her first crawl to the dr who theme on my mobile and i saw it before the m.i.l!!! a while ago but it was good!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Rog69 on 10 May, 2010, 10:26:29 PM

That'll be toast in the DVD player next then.

Banners

...I just picked up and have driven home in my brand new car :-)

M@