Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Sir Roger is a serious dude, you're both lucky buggers!

Something Fishy

Quote from: Albion on 07 December, 2010, 09:46:44 PM
.....I've just read Prog 1712, from Clickwheel, on my 42" TV.

I like.  Via PS3 browser? I might have to take a look at that.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Jomster on 08 December, 2010, 10:57:17 PM
My subscription ran out with 1713 and I didn't get myself in gear to renew it and so was expecting to have to go to WH Smiths.... But then, what should drop through the letterbox but a complementary copy of 1714!!! I'll be phoning up to renew the sub tomorrow!  That gesture was really appreciated!

:D

I had to stop mine.  Wanted to keep on top of my spending.  I'm tempted to renew though now but it's too late for Christmas so I shall be off to the newsagents next week I think.

Albion

Quote from: Something Fishy on 09 December, 2010, 09:33:40 PM

No, TV has a PC connection so I plugged my netbook in.
Not sure how often I'll use it like that but I had to have a look.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

After six months of wrangling with bureaucratic wrangling with the tax office, I finally got rebated a big chunk of tax that was unjustly taken from me. Mentioning sums of money would be vulgar, needless to say, my Christmas is going to be a whole lot better than I originally thought.

In unrelated news, a stone I stabbed six months ago started bleeding today....
You may quote me on that.

locustsofdeath!

Today we've reached the mid-point of my wife's deployment to Afghanistan. It feels like we can now start counting down the days until she gets home. Tough going so far, been sad her being gone through all the holidays, but each day gets her closer to being home - and she's been safe so far. There are less Taliban attacks during the winter months.

Don't know if this is entirely fantastic news, as she's still got three months to go, but so far so good.

COMMANDO FORCES

GET IN!

I must say thanks to RichardB & Mark Taylor for bringing to my attention those lovely MEGA CITY 1 : BOOK OF LAW items, that appeared the other day in a welcome thread. Obviously I was straight on the email and in touch with our friends across the pond to try and order a couple for Christmas. Well folks, thanks to Kevin Ericon they have arrived with a couple of Unicards for Fergie (good job I have the reader for those). I am quite happy as I have something Dreddy for Christmas.

By the way, the law at the bottom of that page is : Code7592: Willful sabotage of a public droid. 6 months.
Every day has a different law  :D

Something Fishy

Quote from: Albion on 10 December, 2010, 08:59:15 AM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 09 December, 2010, 09:33:40 PM

No, TV has a PC connection so I plugged my netbook in.
Not sure how often I'll use it like that but I had to have a look.

Oh nice. Mine has that too and an ethernet connection.. No browser though from what I can see so i'd also need a laptop.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Kerrin

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 11 December, 2010, 08:31:57 AM
There are less Taliban attacks during the winter months.

That's because at least some of them come back to England to drive mini-cabs to raise money for next years offensive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/24/the-taliban-troop-london-jihadists?INTCMP=SRCH

Glad she's OK Locust and I'm sure she'll get home fine.

That Book of The Law is ace CF.

vzzbux

Get that chuff chart out LOD and take pride in ticking each and every day off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Quote from: Kerrin on 11 December, 2010, 06:10:55 PM
That's because at least some of them come back to England to drive mini-cabs to raise money for next years offensive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/24/the-taliban-troop-london-jihadists?INTCMP=SRCH

Isn't the lad on the right Gunner 'Gloria' Beaumont?

Dandontdare

I think you're right - and is that Mr lah-di-dah Gunnar Graham follwing behind?

vzzbux

QuoteOutside the fighting season.

That made me laugh, suggesting that some are not taking it that seriously.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rog69

Because after a very fraught 10 minutes during which I was convinced my PS3 had lost all of my saved games, representing countless hours of progress through several titles over the last couple years, it turns out I had accidentally logged in on my wife's name. Phew.