Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Stephan

I thought I was going till yesterday :/ Oh well, will have to mission up country to get to see Tharg at a con. On the other hand, it would be nice to get out of London!

Steven Austin

Here's page 4 pf the Cycle of Violence script.

Let me know your thoughts!!

:D

judda fett

Like it Steve, reminds me of Liam Sharp when he was doin PJ Maybe way back.

Karl Stephan

Keeps getting better and better, Steven. Your inking is more refined now and I especially like the last panel with the 'white out' rain.

michael kennedy

love the snarly klein really retro!

Steven Austin

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 02 February, 2013, 10:29:04 AM
Keeps getting better and better, Steven. Your inking is more refined now and I especially like the last panel with the 'white out' rain.

Thanks buddy - although woke up this morning and decided the rain was too linear and solid so have disrupted it a tad and thrown in some lightning in order to add a  sinister edge to the shot.

Steven Austin

Quote from: judda fett on 02 February, 2013, 02:51:30 AM
Like it Steve, reminds me of Liam Sharp when he was doin PJ Maybe way back.

Thanks Judda, pleased you like it and appreciate the comment. :)

Pauul

Steven Austin

Steven Austin

Okey dokey - here is page five of my Cycle of Violence submission pieces.

As always feedback is both encouraged and welcomed!!

Karl Stephan

Hey Steven! Looks really grand. Really good panel placement and bubble space allocation. The only thing that I'd change would be to give JD more perspective in the last panel. Right now he looks like he's being viewed on a level plane, whereas it should be from a raised perspective. You might get away with adjusting his legs and the angle of his feet on the floor.

Apart from that, looking brill! That's you done then?

Steven Austin

Thanks for the feedback Sparky, yeah I wasn't sure about the last panel, hence putting it up for feedback, pleased I got some prior to sending it off. The angle is slightly raised but not as extreme as on page 1, thought some variety would be good but following your feedback will have another bash.

Here's the final page!!

Steven Austin

By the way I added an additonal panel, the close up of Klein looking in the mirror is additional as I felt there should be a transition between the mood of how he was feeling looking into the mirror following Dredd's comment that he ain't no judge and the realisation that he looks like his father - and of that when he flips!!

El Chivo

That final pic of Dredd is sweet!
I'm no expert but i wouldn't add any panels, just stick to the brief for a submission plus u don't wanna upset any writers (sensitive types that they are!)

Cheers

Chi

Steven Austin

Quote from: El Chivo on 27 February, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
That final pic of Dredd is sweet!
I'm no expert but i wouldn't add any panels, just stick to the brief for a submission plus u don't wanna upset any writers (sensitive types that they are!)

Cheers

Chi

Thanks for the feedback Mr Chivo - taken on board. ;)