Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossBam

Here is my go at the PF script.

All feedback welcome!

CrazyFoxMachine

Your perspectives are getting better all the time - there's still a few awkward hands in there (2:1 particularly) but some panels are stunningly good and the last page is great. Great inking as well - lots of detail to chew on - Dredd is very consistent. :D Nice pages Ross!

Simon Beigh

I like you MC1 landscapes very much. A little bit of Paul Marshall in them (which is high praise from me)... Your judge on page 4 that is turning his head to face the people has turned his head too far and it has become "The Exorcist" movement, but a jolly decent stab at this script...

RossBam

Thanks very much guys. I'll keep at it.

junox

Nice work Ross ... been following you on deviantart...  Some really good  scenes you  are creating with city and views . The people sometimes look a bit stiff and unnatural in their stance position though  page 2 picture 7 eg  :)

Jake Lynch

Thought you'd like to know, the recent samples I submitted were accepted and I am currently awaiting commission from The Mighty One.
Many thanks to everyone for their support and advice...
@ArtDroid_Lynch

Jim_Campbell

Brilliant news. Well done, that man. Errr, droid. I meant droid. Obviously!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: JTPegg on 27 August, 2013, 03:16:07 PM
Thought you'd like to know, the recent samples I submitted were accepted and I am currently awaiting commission from The Mighty One.

That's great news, JT, well done. You should be a great addition to the line-up.

Put me down for first dibs on your pages if you sell them ;)

Bhuna

Fantastic news!! :D
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

SKD

Well done JT, that is wonderful news. :thumbsup:

Stew.

Bubba Zebill

BRILLIANT! Well done, well played JTPegg!!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steven Austin

That's fantastic news mate!! Well done and very very well deserved. I received my letter today which as expected was a no but very positive and only a few relatively minor tweaks so onwards and upwards.

Well done again man - chuffed for ya!!

Steven Austin

Quote from: RossBam on 15 August, 2013, 07:15:55 PM
Here is my go at the PF script.

All feedback welcome!

Nice work Ross.

As has already been mentioned and having just received feedback from my second submission I think Tharg will defo pick you up on the figure work, some are a little stiff and also your proportions are a tad off - especially in the first panel where Dredd looks huge in comparison to passers by.

Nice angles though and love the cityscapes - inking is nice and clean and story seems to flow although in the first panel you may want to look at the placement of Dredd to the main character as Dredd has a building to his left in the first panel with the runner and crowd to his right but then in the 3rd panel he has the crowd to his left (where the script says he has turned around) but the runner to his right - it just seems to jar a little. Not sure how you would solve this or indeed if it needs solving, that's just my take, others may disagree.

Keep at it man!!

CLOUDMAN

Anyone had a crack at the Thought Bubble compo script yet? Only a four-pager this year.

Steven Austin

Well here I am again - second submission was politely declined so onto the third. I have decided to give Dredd a miss for this one and try something different.

Here is the first page from the sample script Kahn Foul Eye.

Feedback on my previous sample was that some of the figures seemed a little stiff, needed to vary my line more and also that some panels seemed a little cluttered.

Feedback is 'most' welcome....please.