Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

This looks great - feel though that your hero figure (standing in the doorway in pane 2 is the weakest of the -otherwise great - figures you've drawn).

Steven Austin

Thanks PJ thats really useful - in what way would you say he was weakest? Perhaps too generic in his stance?

Steven Austin

Quote from: pauljholden on 18 September, 2013, 11:07:46 AM
This looks great - feel though that your hero figure (standing in the doorway in pane 2 is the weakest of the -otherwise great - figures you've drawn).
Thanks PJ thats really useful - in what way would you say he was weakest? Perhaps too generic in his stance?

pauljholden

Yeah, It's a little unconvincing as a pose-if he's bursting in you'll want him standing more proud, if he's ready for battle he'd be turned slightly leading with his weapon.

(Had not intended so many double entendres )

Pj

Steven Austin

Hahaha!! Leading with his weapon rather than with his sack!! Thanks mate, i'll have a tinker.

Steven Austin

Quote from: pauljholden on 18 September, 2013, 11:38:41 AM
Yeah, It's a little unconvincing as a pose-if he's bursting in you'll want him standing more proud, if he's ready for battle he'd be turned slightly leading with his weapon.

Pj

Hahaha!! Leading with his weapon rather than with his sack!! Thanks mate, i'll have a tinker.

Steven Austin

Quote from: pauljholden on 18 September, 2013, 11:38:41 AM

Pj

Hi PJ,

Advice taken - what do you think?

pauljholden

Much stronger - looks like a fights about to start.

SuperSurfer

I like that Steve. Got a bit of Ernie Chan/Chua to it.

Steven Austin

Steven Austin

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 19 September, 2013, 12:20:22 PM
I like that Steve. Got a bit of Ernie Chan/Chua to it.

Cheers SS, appreciate that.

Simon Beigh

I'm liking that, Steven. Very detailed, which I like. A touch of the Leigh Gallaghers about it, which I also like. I'd want to read more, and I understand the story even without any text.

Ticks all the boxes for me...

Steven Austin

Quote from: SimeonB on 19 September, 2013, 04:06:20 PM
I'm liking that, Steven. Very detailed, which I like. A touch of the Leigh Gallaghers about it, which I also like. I'd want to read more, and I understand the story even without any text.

Ticks all the boxes for me...

Thanks Simeon, 'ticking all the boxes' is high praise indeed. Thanks mate.

Steven Austin

Ok here are the pencils for page 2 - On starting the page I realised that in order for it to work as the writer intended with regards to character positioning the last panel on page 1 will need to be flipped so please ignore that boo boo for now.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Steven Austin

Hmmm the last image came in a little large - here it is smaller.