Main Menu

Judge Dredd the Goldfish...how I came to read 2000AD.

Started by Stephen Burgess, 23 February, 2015, 06:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Burgess

Hello,

Nice to be here.

My first encounter with Judge Dredd was when my eldest brother bought an issue of 2000AD and got a free plastic Dredd badge. He then went on to win a goldfish at the Hoppins and named it 'Judge Dredd'.

The first time I actually read and got hooked by 2000AD was when my Dad bought 'The Best of 2000AD' monthly magazine (I'm showing my age). It was the first Judge Dredd/Death/Anderson story drawn by Brian Bolland which grabbed me. It's still my favourite to this day.

Don't really know what else to write, just wanted to make myself known.

Cheers.

Steve.

S-Burgess.deviantart.com

ZenArcade

A big welcome to you Steve. Fish, well we've got a Shark and a Trout on the site. The Shark is currently frying heads on the 'can't handle the truth' site; the Trout has gone apologies (spawning season on the Canadian pacific seaboard. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

wedgeski

Welcome, Steve!

I have my grandma to thank, who bought me the latest prog every week so I'd have something to do when we went over for our weekly AM visit. Gawd bless you, gran!

Richmond Clements

Your goldfish is, of course, in illustrious company...

Geoff

Love Judge Fish - the (production) art for this cover hangs in my boy's nursery above his cot!  Early exposure to thrill power!

Welcome Steve, from another newbie.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Geoff on 23 February, 2015, 07:31:45 PM
Love Judge Fish - the (production) art for this cover hangs in my boy's nursery above his cot!  Early exposure to thrill power!

The Mighty One cannot be held responsible for any injuries cause by early exposure to raw Thrill Power.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sburges1 on 23 February, 2015, 06:13:02 PM
The first time I actually read and got hooked by 2000AD was when my Dad bought 'The Best of 2000AD' monthly magazine (I'm showing my age).

Trust me round these parts you aren't, you really aren't.

Welcome aboard - have fun.

Stephen Burgess

Thanks for the warm welcome! My real reading era was the 90's. You had Hewligan's Haircut, Kevin Walker on ABC Warriors, Silo (?) and many more...wouldn't know where to start these days!