Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

I've pre-ordered it and going to the midnight opening! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement :)

Apparently there's a Jazz radio station this time, which I'm overjoyed about. Charlie Parker drive-by, dig it.

satchmo

Also: I wonder if they were influenced by The Greek and his gang off The Wire in their choice of making the characters Eastern European?
It looks so amazing I can't wait.

Radbacker

haven't really gotten into the last two expansions but loved GTA3 when it came out so my man in the industry informs me i will have this the day before release (only in retail not in making it unfortunatly), pitty my holidays have been cancelled.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

Art, Oh I was thinking that 'Mad Max' would be good theme for a Australian version of this game.

Of Course there is also 'The Cars that ate Paris'

The entire film would make a great back story for the game which could start fom the movie's ending.

As for the ACTUAL game that is the next GTA.

It's going to be harder to steal vechiles. Requiring Niko break the window ( Like in the Warriors game with stealing car radios.) and then that vechile to be hotwired. A level of attention to detail as yet unprecedented in the GTA game series.

Pedestrians will be more interesting in that they can be seen to be speaking on mobile phones, and eating fast food while walking down the street.

Niko will be able to access the internet via
many cyber cafe now present in the game.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV" target="_blank">Next GTA

Radbacker

hope they have changed the shooting mechanics for the better, needs to be like Gears of War or if not quite that in depth cover system how bout something like what was in Drakes Fortune on the PS3.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

Rad Backer has said...

'hope they have changed the shooting mechanics for the better'

Quoting from the Wikipdiea content on the game.....

'The gunfight system has been reworked to feel natural by using a cover system similar to that of Gears of War and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, as the combat system in previous games was awkward and cumbersome.[29] The player can slide to cover, blind fire, and free aim. When locked on, the target's health is indicated by eight purple segments on the target circle. Players can now target individual body parts using a revamped targeting system.[30] Niko's health is represented by a green semi-circle on the left side of the radar, and a right semi-circle represents armour. If Niko gets injured, he can recover health by eating, sleeping or using medical kits. Body armour and actual health will play different roles. Health is more likely to be reduced by falls and going through the windscreen of a car when crashing, Body armour will be damaged more by gunshots and stab wounds.'

If thats what you wanted.

I hd no problems with the current shooting/fisti-cuffs system used in 'GTA : San Andreas'

Keef Monkey

A colleague of mine did some of the testing for this so has had full playthrough, he's obviously not allowed to give away any details but he did confirm that it's absolutely incredible. Rockstar have apparently been nice enough to put his name in the credits too, which happens less than you'd think when developers outsource their QA testing.

Steve Green

I just wish they'd lose the piss-poor puns used to avoid copyright on certain things.

Like Gash/Gap and Getalife/Metrolife - ffs.

- Steve

Mikey

Nah,puns are good for me.They seem irreverent or something...

Anyway,more importantly for me;do i buy an XBox 360 or PS3 to play the bugger? :)

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ThryllSeekyr

They have renamed the 'Lincoln Tunnel the Booth tunnel after the murderer of Abraham Lincoln.

I guess it pays to be a Assasin.

They have renamed 'Coney Island', 'Firefly' Island. I hope that doesn't mean Rockstar North like the same Sc/Fi series. Perhaps are working on game for them too.

Keef Monkey

To be honest I'd go with 360, and that's not just me being a fanboy because I have one! At the point that my friend was testing it they were unable to get the graphics running as smoothly on the PS3 as on the 360, because despite the PS3 being in theory the more powerful console it has bandwidth problems when it comes to shifting that power around and accessing it quickly enough, and that's why the game got delayed for yonks. I'm sure it'll be sorted by now though, but still it gives me more confidence in the 360 one. Plus even if the differences are unnoticable the 360 is getting downloadable expansion packs and the PS3 isn't so that should swing it!

I'm all for the puns me, I genuinely find myself laughing at them, such is the juvenile level of my humour.

radiator

If you want a (for the moment, at least) superior games library, a better joypad, and a more refined online experience go for an Xbox.

If you want a machine with a built in Blu Ray player and more reliable/stable hardware, go for a PS3.

Personally I'd reccommend a 360 elite.

radiator

I was reading the other day about GTA IV's online multiplayer modes. Apparently you can have a team of cops vs a team of crooks, who have to make it to the the harbour while the cops pursue them. It sounds like a blast!

ThryllSeekyr

Some of the content deemd unsultable by the censors ill be removed for the Australian version of the game.

I wonder which content they were talking about?

satchmo

I love all the stupid puns and profanisaurus terms they put into GTA!
It's the very British sense of humour they put into them that speaks to me like Skool Daze used to when I was a kid, and is one of the greatest achievements of the series. And it makes me smile wondering what Americans make of The Camel's Toe or Sprunk :)

I'm getting it on Xbox, it does feel like the lead format this time, what with the extra content coming up and stuff.