Main Menu

How long do reserved pages stay reserved?

Started by WoD, 10 March, 2003, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Just wondering if any of the reserved stuff that Jock or Wake are selling are likely to be back on the market?

I've not looked at this this section before and I wondered does a reserved sale always become a firm sale.

Wod.

WoD

And another comment.  I've noticed that at least one of the reserved Jock covers are up for sale on another website at a massively inflated price.

This kinda sucks and feels like those people who advertise the personalised number plates for inflated prices when they are cheaper from the DVLA.

If this other site doesn't sell the cover in a certain time will the image be available to us lot again?

Cheers,

WoD.

jock

Hi WoD,

Sorry- it's me that hasn't updated the section.

The Dredd/Alien covers have sold- which cover was it you saw? If it was the Dredd painted piece from 1228 then that has also sold...

let me know if there's anything else you're after and I'll do my best to sort it out for you.

Jock

Wake

No, a reserved page doesn't always sell.

Over the weekend I sent some reminders to a couple of the people who have reserved pages but not paid yet.

Day of the Droids Page 5 (Part 18) is about to become available again, since the buyer hasn't replied to at least two reminders now.

I've had recent contact for all the other reserved pages. The Oxygen Desert Page 6 (Part 2) is reseverved because it's on eBay this week (at a no-reserve discount). If it doesn't see, I'll change that flag back to Available.

Cheers,

Wake

Wake

I think he's talking about Psycho-Kinetic from 1227. At one point that was listed twice on 2000adonline. Once from Jock at ?225 and once from Wendy Dow at about ?500. When I asked Wendy if she'd bought it from Jock, she said that she was acting as an agent for him and removed the page from her listing.

Wake

WoD

Yep,

That looks like the one.  It's ?500 on the Asylum -books website and it was only ?225 on here.  I know which one I would have preferred to buy at.

Thanks for the help.

Mark.

Wake

Day of the Droids Page 5 (Part 18) is now available again, since the buyer hasn't replied to at least two reminders now.

I've recently added a time stamp to reservations, so it's easier for me to see how long I've been waiting. I reckon about 1 month is the longest I'm prepared to reserve a page for, since that means someone can always send payment afetr their next payday.

Wake

Matt Timson

"Once from Jock at ?225 and once from Wendy Dow at about ?500. When I asked Wendy if she'd bought it from Jock, she said that she was acting as an agent for him and removed the page from her listing."

Blimey- at that mark up, me and Jock must have the same bloody agent I reckon...

Pffft...