Main Menu

London Super Comic Con 23/24th Feb 2013

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 05 December, 2012, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

To recoup some of my costs (expensive weekend!) I am selling my limited edition (28/50) signed Bolland print on eBay
If anyone is interested
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230935845210

Zappanalé

28, huh? I'm guessing you're one of the guys I was talking to in the queue, since I've got 29!

grthink

I was volunteering as staff for the con and had an absolutely fantastic weekend.

The few pictures I have are on instagram, and as I can't work out how to link to those images, here's my instagram account: http://www.instagram.com/grthink

Managed to get a picture of Burdis punching me in the face (would have been better but the guy using my phone had 1. very shaky hands 2. couldn't work the button, so the picture I got was of me looking at the camera trying to work out what was taking so long)

Met one of my personal heroes Chris Weston, got to chat to him while he did me a sketch of Winwood, and he signed my Fleetway Edition of Killing Time (YES)

Chatted to David Hine about Bulletproof Coffin for about 10mins which was also incredible.

Sorted out entrance for Simon Harris when he didn't get his pass sorted, and then saw him a few times around the show.

Just generally, as a bit of a fanboy, it was immense to meet so many people I admire, and 99% of people were great to talk to -- there were a couple of bellends, but that was usually due to selfishness driven from passion, so is kind of forgivable.

And it's really gratifying to see people say it was well run -- even though I wasn't involved as staff until Friday afternoon, that everyone had a good time (and I've seen no complaints about staff yet, either) is just superb.

grthink

OH, and Judge Minty was immense, too. I snuck off from my usual duties to sit at the back.

Steve Green

Thanks - not ideal conditions, but a bit beyond our control, glad you enjoyed it!

Grant Perkins

Quote from: Albion on 25 February, 2013, 08:31:09 PM
A couple of sketches....

Grant Perkins does Tharg

It was great to meet you Sir.

FoldsFive

Colin YNWA

I've got to ask CF, how many people do you reckon you hit, club or otherwise pummel in ya average con? Wonder what ya record is (and can ya break it?!?...).

Looks like the whole think was mighty fun. But did no one meet Klaus Janson...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 26 February, 2013, 03:16:01 PM
I've got to ask CF, how many people do you reckon you hit, club or otherwise pummel in ya average con? Wonder what ya record is (and can ya break it?!?...).

I was trying to keep count, but it was impossible.  If we go by just Steve Greens pics we're looking at about 20 arrests, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.  We were stopped for pics every 10 or so paces we walked, and at one point we had a huge semi-circle of folk all lining up for some daystick action!!!

I'd say over the two days of the convention we were easily looking over the 100+ mark.  John and David, would you agree?

COMMANDO FORCES

Easily in the hundreds. The killer is when you try to pop outside for a drink and every five paces you feel a tap on your shoulder for a photo. I managed two drinks each day  :lol:

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 February, 2013, 03:32:00 PM
Easily in the hundreds. The killer is when you try to pop outside for a drink and every five paces you feel a tap on your shoulder for a photo. I managed two drinks each day  :lol:

Yeah, the rare occasions I got anywhere near a drink I emptied entire bottles in just a couple of gulps.  It was so hot and sweaty I rarely needed a piss break, as my my body was using every ounce of water given it!

There was a quite a funny moment when I was in a toilet cubicle on the Saturday, had just gotten everything zipped up, and someone tried the cubicle door.  In full kit, helmet back on, I pulled the door open sharply and said 'All yours Citizen.'  The look on the poor bugger's face was priceless!   :lol:

shaolin_monkey

This was the little kid who watched us Judges 'arrest' people for photos. When it was his turn, he ran up and immediately assumed the position without having to be told - down on both knees, hands behind his head. It was both an 'Aww' and laugh out loud moment for all the onlookers!

Such a cool pic!

COMMANDO FORCES

New video of the weekend. See the Judges at:-

2.05 - Paul with one of the Fett boys
4.55 - Judge Burdis in background adopting a pose
6.03 - All three Judges do Spiderman in but I decide not to waste my time :lol:
6.30 - Judge Burdis informs Judge's Court and Pal that this is for his private collection ;)
7.50 - Paul as Urban style Judge
9.00 - All three Judges in background with Steve Green and Rob Stewart
10.05 - All three Judges with Lara Croft and a perp just about to pose!

Click HERE!

shaolin_monkey

'Unauthorised Zombie Slaying - 5 years, creep!'