Main Menu

Framing Original Art

Started by stodge, 28 January, 2005, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Which 3 pages have you got Clam?

Lord Running Clam

I own the megazine 4.10 cover art by Henry Flint.It was the first art I bought and still my fav piece.
A page of Lenny Zero from meg 4.2.Its the second Lenny Zero story(Dead Zero)part two,page 3.
And from 2000ad prog 1274 a page of Shakara.Its the first page of part three,where half the page is given to a shot of Shakara wrapped up in tentacles.My fav drawing out of the whole story of Shakara.
Both Henry Flint pages are signed by him.

stodge

well, i bit the bullet and took them to be framed on saturday.  a nice black border with a brushed graphite coloured aluminium frame.  went for standard glass though as the UV stuff added another ?80 to the price (4 frames) and they are never in direct sunlight anyway.....

i pick them up this weekend

thanks for the advice guys

Devons Daddy

we share the same taste.
bloody expenisve in the UK isnt it. i forget that.
i pay in S$ what you pay in sterling. but its S$3 to the pound.

i only hope you dont share my another trait off mine.
as in the framed pictures will now sit under the bed for a few months until you get around to putting them up.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

opaque

I know that if I got any of mine framed I'd be doing exactly the same thing as you DD but they'd be stacked up against a wall rather than under my bed.

Clam, you should add them to the Collectors page.

Lord Running Clam

What would be the best way to get images of them onto a computer.

DavidXBrunt

I've got something like 20 pieces now of varying size, far too many to frame but not enough for me to buy a portfolio just at the moment. Maybe when the pay rise comes through.

I've usually got one piece propped up on my smallest bookcase and used to rotate them pretty frequently but since getting the best page of Cabals *evah!* that's been up constantly. Still takes my breath away, though when I woke up from a fever dream after falling ill with influenza few months ago I looked across the room and thought the main image was a terrible, huge spider come to steal my soul.

And whilst we're on the subject of art a mate of mine just bought a shed load of Carl Critchlow pages, 40 odd pages of painted art and will probably flogging a page or two. Any interest or any chance of listing them here.

opaque

40 pages?? How on earth do people manage to get so many pages? Mug the artists? ;) Carry around a huge wedge of cash at conventions?

Getting a proper portfolio case is a VERY good idea. It's when you have 3 or 4 that it starts to take up more room.
Once you've got more than a few you need a proper storage system.

DavidXBrunt

The trick is to buy in bulk at discount prices and then sell some of the pages at the asking price to recoup what you've spent. Or so he tells me.

carefree

I always get my pages mounted on acid free board and then always use UV protection glass. It is expensive but how can you replace the page if it fades? ALLWAYS keep out of direct sunlight and NEVER hang above a radiator or other heat source.
Now my wall space is limited i also store in art portfolios. These should be very sturdy and lockable (i think)and always separate pages if in the same insert with acid free paper.
If anyone is interested, i have a few pages i am prepared to sell at sensible prices. Please look in my gallery. All the stuff marked for trade i will sell if offered a sensible price :-)

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=collector&page=artsale&choice=KEVINGR&Comic=All" target="_blank">http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=collector&page=artsale&choice=KEVINGR&Comic=All

opaque

I guess knowing what sort of price artists are willing to sell for in bulk is a good start. And then having that money spare as well :)

Bhuna

Would anyone cut down a piece of artwork to frame it?

The two I have are different sizes, so they will look shite next to each other on the wall.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Oddboy

If you're just trimming white board, that's okay - but don't think of touching the ink/pencils!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wake

I have trimmed borders for artwork for framing (because I bought a frame that was a couple of millimeteres too short) or for fitting into a portfolio - an inch came off the bottom of all my Filby Case and two remaining Day of the Droids pages to fit them into an oversized portfolio I imported from the States. I try and avoid removing anything written by the artist, but sometimes some writing is lost.

Cheers,

Wake

Bhuna

there would be quite a bit that would need to be chopped off on one of them (at the top) but it would not touch them artwork.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress