Main Menu

Skreemer

Started by Skellington, 11 October, 2002, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skellington

Anyone pick up Skreemer, remember getting odd issues as a kid as it caught my eye with the Ewins and Dillon art work (and Vito Skreemer reminded me of Kano). I then spent the rest of my life looking for odd copies in comic shops. I finally got it a all a few years back, but now it's a handy Graphic novel available for all!

Anyway, I love it, but as you can tell, there may be prejudice here.

What does everyone else think?

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JamieB

Even without my "publisher" hat on, I gotta say. SKREEMER is a fabulous piece of work.

*J*

O Lucky Stevie!

it does my heart proud to know that this is finally back in print (albeit not on the same glossy paper as the original issues). skreemer was the first us comics mini-series i ever bought, after my having reading speakeasy that milligan & ewins had originally intended the series for 2000ad. or was for it steve macmanus' original take on revolver?

speaking of which, anyone else know of any other proposals that were originally pitched for 2000ad but eventually found homes at other publishers?

& judging from the final result do you believe that their non-inclusion in the progs was justified?

ennis & winslade's goddess miniseries springs to mind, as i believe that this evolved out of an proposal to revive invasion which was rejected by richard burton.

any thoughts, chums?

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

karne

I still have the originals of this classic tale but would definately nominate it for the Megazine reprints for the benefit of those who missed it.  

Skellington

'raaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm not alone, I think it's kind of cult, and am I the only one who thinks the brooding Vito who's a bit raving mad is a bit like the brooding yet totally insane Kano?

Skreemer, so glad I hunted the issues down, took me eight odd years, but I did it, I nearly did my forum icon as Vito too. I thought everyone might think it's cack, but no, I aint alone - there is justice

Marbles

Theres a good article by Mark Millar here that raves about 'Skreemer'.

Must pick it up sometime if its as good as people say.

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=14" target="_blank">Mark Millar review of Skreemer

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Trout

It's a fine example of relatively early "Mature Readers" work from UK creators by DC, very much a forerunner of Vertigo in its time.

I fair enjoyed it, and would put it in the region of eight out of ten.

Lots of fun at Finnegan's Wake...

- Trout